Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bug in the paint! ack!

TomMaryland

Put what I thought was the last coat on one of the back rims for the Landlord ( it looked so good too ), cleaned the gun out, check in a half hour........AND A FRIKKIN MOSQUITO DECIDED TO END HIS LIFE IN IT!! just makes you want to spit, and I did. }:)

Been there done that,sure would be nice to own a paint booth.Can't justify the cost of one though.At least it was only a wheel and not in the center of a hood.

The greatest carpet makers in the world, were from Persia, they would always intentionally incorporate one tiny mistake in their works, to acknowledge that only God is perfect. You should feel exalted, that God picked your perfectly painted wheel to speak to you! And to kill a dumb blood-sucking mosquito in the process!

When we painted a tractor outside, Within 10 minutes it looked like someone shot it from about 3 miles away, Knats loved whatever was in the paint, ended up repainting it. Those dump pesky insects. :D

Sometimes if a bug lands in my paint, or varnish. The following might work for you as an easy fix. Wait until the paint is real dry. Pick out most of the dang-nab bug with a sharp exacto knife or safety pin. Than wet sand the paint. Than polish to a lustre finish. = works pretty well and sometimes you don't have to repaint using this method. If this doesn't work than swear at bug four times and than inbibe about a pint of gin or whiskey. (Kentucky moonshine works just great.) Guarantee paint job than looks pretty good.

Tom,,, thats just what you get for livin' someplace the 'skits' are out the first week in March:D:D:D:D:D:D:D[:0]

Ken.. I keep eyeballing the auctions and sales for a booth and a sandblaster, but no luck yet..maybe someday! ikipp..I'll have to try that where its not too severe. This guy looked he was in it for the fumes because he squared danced around awhile before sticking! MPH.. I hear ya! I even did a recon in the back yard beforehand to see if anything was alive yet! I must have paint huffing skeeters, his crackhead buddy showed up last night for a fix, but the dog ate it before he got there! mwahahaha :D

Most Of my stuff is painted on a paper covered picnic table. I have been a target one time of a over heathly bird. Your 'Skeeter' body will hardly be noticed.

ouch, a bird, BLT? thems fightin words! break out the pellet rifle!!}:) Seriously, I got three wheels done, fourth to come...I'll post some pics in snow and till shortly.

Tom that reminds me of the guy eating in an upscale resturant that found a fly in his soup. You may remember the waiters reply! hehe! Larry