Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Was it worth it?

CarlH

I paid $150 for a pair of used 23 10.50 12 ag tires today.... with some extra(s)! 1. Mounted on rims 2. With weights 3. Bolted to a 7117 hydro lift tractor ... KT17 has a broken rod

Well, I think you got ripped on the tires, but,,,, I supose you might find some use for the other 'junk' that came with them.

So what kind of an engine are you going to put on those ag tires??? Great deal, good for you, one of the fun things in this hobby, the great deals....:D

I had a guy call me with a 7119 he was selling. Immaculate condition,etc,etc,but it had a blown Kohler. He was trying to get 6 bills for it.Good luck,I thought,as I told him I wasn't interested at that price.....

There's a little more to the story. This tractor has been sitting behind my Simplicity dealer's shop for most of a year with the blown engine. I have coveted the ag tires and weights for the whole time and have inquired regularly about it. The dealer said the owner wasn't interested in selling. I stopped in this evening after work to tell the dealer about my new wireless ISP service because he is also interested. Turns out that another customer is looking for the deck from this tractor and the owner wants $500 for the whole shebang including a snow blade before he goes to Florida next week. The way I calculate 2 new ag tires at Tractor Supply would run better than $120 so I get everything else for $30.

If you dont want the 17HP kohler, ill take it:D:D:D THeres a guy up here with a B10, wants $1,600! Theres also one fully restored Big Ten i think, with a deck, and blower for $2000