Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 410 hitch question

I have a A.C. 310 with the sleeve hitch and was going to use it on an older simplicity and surprise surprise the inside diameter is larger on the one from the 310 so the shaft on the tiller was way lose no good I could not believe that they would change the diameter of the hitch. my 2cents worth. bilstick

I am not sure what part you mean?? But does your mower deck raise up and down ok now?? Or are you refering to the hitch at the rear of the tractor?? Maybe someone esle understands your question better then myself after all it is a Monday and my head isn't to clear yet "ha". Please provide a little more imformation and I am sure we can fix you write up. Please get back with us as we all want to help you anyway we can. Thanks for you question, >>->happyjack<-<<

I am sorry for the lack of information. It is the hitch at the rear of the tractor. Thanks.

I have an AC 410. I has a manual lift hitch (I am not sure what it is called, but it is the kind that moves when you raise or lower the handle that moves the mower deck up and down). It is missing the U bracket at the bottom of the hitch assembly that the implements hook up to. Are these still available? does anyone know the part number or where I can get one? The rear of the tractor. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you are needing what is called the "sleeve hitch" hum I wonder if I spelled sleeve write-oh well I suggest you go to the upper left corner of this page and click on return to SimpletrACtors once there check out our sponcers. I know at least one of them can help you out and another suggestion would be check in the forsale ads for the sleave hitch. Kent also has a picture of one under I beleive parts and manuals then click on drawings. You should be able to locate one hopefully without to much trouble its just finding someone that has it because they are no longer availible from the factory. You may also need the lift rod that runs from the lift handle to the rear hitch ass. if yours does not have one. I hope this helps "but" it is Monday after all and if I am not correct someone "please" put me out of my misery and correct me while your at it. Best of Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<

What you are looking for is a class zero 3pt hitch.The one you have will be found on some simplicity models.In fact I think most zero point hitches are made the same.I would post on the want ad board. good luck Jim V

You can use the drawings of the sleeve hitch adapter to have one made at a welding shop if you can not find one. I assume that when you said U shaped bracket that the sleeve hitch adapter is what you mean. This adapts your 3-point hitch to accept a sleeve hitch attachment like a garden plow, disk, or cultivator. Tim