Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
maxtorman1234

B206

maxtorman1234
Got a call to day for a B206. Would it be worth picking this tractor up? I know it has the single blade deck, but how much can they handle? Im going to look anyways, because he has a 712Stoo.:D

dratkinson
I have a B-206. Its Peerless transaxle (668, I think) is not limited slip. The rear axle is 3/4 inch so can't take much weight back there. It steers lock-to-lock in 1/4 turn of the steering wheel, so can't but much weight on the front and still be able to steer. Not many attachments were made for it. It works okay as a lawn mower, but not as a real tractor. If I had it to do over, I'd buy something else for my primary machine. As it is, I've spent too much on it to make it a good 2d machine...but still looking for the primary machine. But it is kinda cute, and just wait until you see what I've done to it. Just as soon as I make a couple more changes, and find a camera ... /r David