Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front/Rear Counterweight

bkassulke

Does any one have any ideas on how to make a weight holder, one for the front and one for the rear. Would really like it to hold weightlifting weights(would go on a B-110) any way to make it also make it move for a counter wieght for tiller, deck, or a snowblower/blade??? Thanks for your help!!! I am new at all of this creative thinking. :):) BKASSULKE

An extra long shaft in the rear lift with barbell weights on works fine for counter weight against the front. On the front for the tiller, use your front blade mount without the blade. Put a long bolt or rod through the hole where the plow mounts to slide the weights onto, then shorten your lift rod so the mount cant hit the ground. Quick dirty and cheap :D:D

Why not make a plate with hooks that grab the front axel and bolt through the attach points? On it put a hinged pipe sized with the same id as the rear sleeve. Put a tab on it to attach a link rod to lift handle. Then take a rod that will fit sleeve hitch but locking collers and weights on it. Mount front part as needed and move weights as needed too.

I have a real nice front weight tray, it'll hold many weights, and is made to hook up with clevis pins just like any other Simp or AC attachment for the front of the tractor. Unfortunately I can't post a pic because I haven't paid my ten dollars yet. Did i mention I lost my job last May? Well, thats my excuse. BK, email me directly, and I'll send you a pic. It's a nice design. Terry9@cox.net

quote:
Originally posted by Terry9
I have a real nice front weight tray, it'll hold many weights, and is made to hook up with clevis pins just like any other Simp or AC attachment for the front of the tractor. Unfortunately I can't post a pic because I haven't paid my ten dollars yet. Did i mention I lost my job last May? Well, thats my excuse. BK, email me directly, and I'll send you a pic. It's a nice design. Terry9@cox.net
Terry, my deapist apolagiess on lossing your job! Here is a thought on justifing spending $10"a year" to be a member. Jobs will come and go but friends will be for life! Were in Norht Kinstown are you? My kids live in the Richmond area. I imported my wife from Coventry. She and her mom worked at South county hospital. Good luck bud. Elon

I dont think these are what you were thinking of but I figured it would give you some options. Hope these help. If you need more close ups let me know. Elon

Elon Pictures with symboles in title and in most cases spaces do not work. All so start a new line to post pictures with a empty line between them.

"As I lower my head in shame" Im SORRY. I usualy check to make sure the pictures come out ok. I will in the future. Thanks Elon

I have a pic of just what u need if you PM me you email id be more than glad to send it to ya.

http://www.msnusers.com/iukbmalome6q6icg9glb6bkbs1/Documents/Pictures%2Ffrontweighttray.jpg Here is a link to the pic.