Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bkassulke

Tool Box

bkassulke
Is there a way to make a tool box to hold hitch pins and some tools needed to fix a tractor if needed. Saw some pictures of them earlier and didn't get pictures of them. Thought they would be a neat thing to have. This would go on a B-110. BKASSULKE

rokon2813
http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25308&SearchTerms=toolbox Ben, I see that your new here (kinda). To search the forums for that was a matter of 2 clicks and typing "toolbox" Its a good question mind you, but its the simple little questions like this over and over that cause frustration. I dont mind answering a few for the newer members but after the 3rd or 4th time, I just wont anymore. Now, I'm not very tactful in utilizing the english language, so I hope this doesnt offend anyone, including Ben, but thats how I see it. Less than 10 keystrokes yielded a decent answer quicker than asking. If it were me, I might have worded the question this way; "Guys I did a quicksearch on toolboxes and found the above post. Anybody have any new, different or better ideas about mounting toolboxes?" Kent, just example, I LIKE both your tool boxes. :D:D

dirtsaver
Ben there is a listing in the ebay forum for toolboxes right now that look like a good match. They are 11"x4"x4" and look similar to the one on Kents tractor in the above link. Larry

nighteye
Hey BK, I've mounted lots of toolboxes on lots of different equipment. The best long term results come from the Ammo boxes that MPH talked about in an earlier forum. They are easy to come by, completely watertight, very paintable and inexpesive. (I hate to think how much the govt. paid). They wont look near as good as the ones on Kents machines, but very functionable. Ken

BLT
Ben, rather then try to make a tool box as you originally posted and some people missed, being that you live in Nebraska I assume, you have a bunch of opportunity to get all kinds of tool boxes from old farm machinery.