Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Homelite Pics past due

PeppyDan

I've mentioned to a few club members now for monthes that I'd get some pics of my Home up here and the day is finally here, sorry for the huge delay to everyone!!!

There was alot of work in restoring this tractor. I've had the lift lever rechromed & anything what I believe was originally plated has been refinished in the same maner. I have plans to replace a couple of the decals which were not properly made(size/orintation), but it's done and goes with me to the local shows that I attend! I would like to bring it to a plowday this spring or fall if someone has one near me! Dan

It's neat to see the different varieties of tractors offered by Simplicity. You should be proud of your restoration, you did a great job! Thanks for sharing with us.

All I can say is WOW, that looks very good Dan. You should really be proud of that tractor...^ I also like the way you use the engine stand to hold parts for painting.

Awesome restoration! It's always nice to see people giving these good old reliable tractors a "new lease on life"!

You have done such a nice job it makes me want a blue one. Wonder how many were made for Homelite?? Dan

You exemplified a tremedous amount of patience.A wonderful job!Bravo!When our generation is gone these kids today if they can't press a button and get they don't want it.What will become of them.A hobby....the antedote for drugs and bad vices.You did a great job.

Thanks for all the compliments, I forgot to mention one or two items that where not plated per factory specs. The first item is the dust caps on the front wheels, they are automobile chrome units purchased from NAPA. The other item(which I plan to correct)is the shift lever going to the transmission is zinc plated and I realized after I had it put in the tractor that it should be medium gloss black. The decals I refered to was the "HOMELITE" on the back fender is too long, & the left hood decal should have the T13 in front of the HOMELITE. I know i'm just getting picky on that stuff but I set out to make it as close to original as I couldwith the only deviations be tires & dust caps! Please comment if any of you feel I have overlooked anything else. SmilinSam???? Dan

Nice job. Looking at an older style T-16S. If I get it, I hope it turns out as nice as this one. Pat

Dan Sharp Tractor:) There is talk of a plowday around Troy, Ohio this spring that will sponsor by IH Cub boys. I do know of one this fall around Plum Tree, Indiana. If I hear of anything definate I will post info. I will go to both. I live North of Dan (Van Wert county) about 40-50 miles.

WOW Dan. It's all been said. I also like the engine stand idea beats hanging everything on wires and haveing it swing all over the place. Guess I'll have to dig my engine stands out and see what else they may be good for. Although the base from one is the winter cradle for my 60" mower deck.

Puts my little Broadmoor project to shame:(:(the paint job makes mine look like it was done by a spray can.....oh wait, it was:D:D:D Great job!!!! one day maybe I'll have the stuff and place to do a professional job. Elon

Comet66, do you mean like this:

papamerkle, that sounds like a great time. Please keep us all informed of the dates. Maybe we could have a nice show of the A.C. Simplicity Homelite variety there. PeppyDan

That looks like my combo unit, a mix between a simp 4310 and a homelite t-13s, but yours looks better. jh