Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Commissioner

7016 Replacement engine

MDB
I would put a 16 HP cast iron Briggs & Stratton back in it, Small Engine Warehouse still has a few left... http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/ProductList.asp?Category=Engine&Supplier=Briggs

maxtorman1234
A 16HP Kohler single will last a lifetime too, I've never had any serious troubles with them, Just have to replace points, set carbeurators or get new plugs. Theyre great engines, and they sure have alot of power

nrallen
I just got done rebuilding my Briggs 16hp single cyl cast iron for my 7016 and am very happy with the results. I debated the same as you are doing. But I decided to stay as original as I could. My brother has the 16hp Kohler and he is also very happy with it. Its mostly just a matter of preference. Good Luck!

RayH
I bought a B&S engine from SEW 2 years ago. The box it came in stated it was made in China, the owner's manual was in Spanish. I wouldnt be suprised to learn that B&S will still continue to sell these engines in Mexico or overseas. RayH