Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

No I'm not converting

KenK

I picked up an old cub cadet today,I believe it's an original.It's pretty old one by the looks of the oil bath air cleaner.Kinda rough and smokes some,but it started on it's own and drove it on the truck.It has rear fenders and the hi-lo on it and came with a deck.I'll do a little service work on it then it will be up for sale.I'll see about some pics later.

That high-low, aka "creeper gear", certainly should make it easily sold.... Sounds like a good opportunity to make a $$ or two... Hey, I hauled a Gilson home! So far, I'm $150 to the good, and still have the 15HP Briggs and a complete set of wheels and tires to use on other tractors....

Looks neat, a little rough though. Is that a Kohler engine? It'd look pretty neat restored.

It is a kohler 161 which I believe is a 7 horse.The price was very reasonable,my cousin had it and wanted to get rid of it.He thought $25 would be enough,I told him that I would give him that much.He told me if I wanted it,just go and get it.So here's what a freebee looks like.:D

Here is a picture of my brothers 1963 Cub Cadet Original. It was restored by my nephew Tim, in 2000 and pictured here at the May 2001 Buckeye Farm Antiques Show in Wapakoneta,Ohio.

I dont know about you guys....but that seat dont look to comfortable! lol Looks like like a great free be to me. Good deal. Elon

Well boys and girls the old cub is gone,sold it on monday.Showed it to a guy,he said he'd take it so I drove to his house and unloaded it.Made $200 so I thinks I'll visit my cousin and share a little.