Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What's My 6216 Worth?

JohnF

Taking delivery of a new Conquest this month. Have a 6216 I purchased new in 1984. 48" mower, 42" snow thrower, weights, and chains. New BS 18HP engine, all new tires, 3 years ago. Engine re-sealed in 2003. Standard transmission. If I decide to sell it as a package, what do you think I should ask? I can't even guess what to ask. ? Thanks, John South East Wisconsin

Hope that your happy with your new conquest mower they are nice machine. It is tuff to put a value on a tractor, they are worth what the other person is willing to spend.

John about the best thing you can do is search ebay and other sales media, local swap/sell papers and even dealers in your region to see prices in your area for tractors in like condition. There are way too many variables for any of us to be able to set a price for you, and prices are very prone to local influence anyway. Sorry but that's the best answer I can give you John. Larry

Sounds like a lot of clutter in your way, possibly even taking the space your Conquest should be in. I'd better come out with a trailer and just take it out of your way. That should save the frustion equaling it's value! Rob

John, Don't let Rob cheat you out of the value of that tractor. If I were you, I would haul it down to my place near Lake Geneva and put it in the shed. I would of course promise to never, ever take it out and use it to cut my grass or blow any snow. And by the way, I have a slightly used bridge to sell you. Like they said, check Ebay and magazines like Thrifty Nickel or Shopper's Guide. They might give you a clue. But let us know here when it goes up for sale. A club member might just love it. John

What i would do, is find a guy or gal who is mowing their proerty with something to small or stuck in the feild . Then do the John Wayne swagger and ask the pilgrim if he or she needs a bit of assistance with the mowing and or other implements. Well John Wayne may be too big of a swagger. But the rest of the idea make net you a sale.

Was told by a dealer here that my 6216 would go for about $800, from the dealer that is, all tuned and checked. 48" deck, 42" snow blade, tire chains. Not all the stuff you have, or the reworked engine and newer tires, but at least a starting point. As RayS said, worth what the other person is willing to spend. Selling mine too when I get it cleaned up. Good luck.

Just last summer I bought a clean 6216 for $1200.00. It came with a 48" deck, a 42" snow blade, a 30" rototiller and a dethatcher. It was from my local Simplicity dealer, but they've always been helpful in the past and gave me about twice what my old mower was worth. I felt I got a pretty good deal. It's not new and isn't the easiest thing to shift gears on but I like it. -Rahbas