Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JBLACK

ready for spring

JBLACK
Well, I replaced the drive shaft flange with a new one,(ouch! 40.00 with out the set screw. Mine was worn enough to possibly damage the bgb shaft key way,so I thought it would be wise to do so.New synthetic gear oil in bgb and trans,sharpend the blades and lubed the chassis.As soon as I mow the first time I will change oil over to Mobile One and see how it works.Is everyone else getting ready? John :D:D

comet66
The end of last week I was contemplating pulling the blower off then today it's been snowing like mad off and on all afternoon. Nah, March is way too early to think about mowing in Michigan.

maxtorman1234
Will be mowing real soon. All the snows gone, the blowers off, just need bearings for the 917, and the deck is on my 416:). Have the 410 just for backup. Now, I need a deck for the 710:)

Chris727
I recently got an old plug areator, grass will be growing within a month or so, I guess I need to areate in the spring? Not too sure. Got two tractors that cut grass, too blade off put plow on last week, plowing didn't go too well. Got lots to get going before spring but I guess I'm halfway there.

TomMaryland
Grass just started turning here in Northeastern Md. Broadmoor is ready to go, 2110 is in pieces, just about ready to paint, so thats the spring project. New blades, belts, and a valve job on the Broadmoor. i think we are a couple weeks off though.

ROBBYDOB
We were supposed to get 3-5" last night, except there's nothing on the ground this morning. Some left over banks is all that's left here in Central NY. Even with the threat of snow, I took the blower off the HB-112 yesterday. Won't be green here 'til end of April though. Time to grease 'em up and look 'em over! Rob

JBLACK
It was about 60 couple degrees yesterday so I guess I had a case of spring fever. Today, its back to about 43 with a stiff wind the grass is getting green though! I still have the blower on the 101 but I don`t PLAN on using it anymore this year.Hey comet66 I hope you order up some good weather out there the first weekend of April as I`ll be heading out to Pontiac about 9hrs drive. John