Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

ready for spring

JBLACK

Well, I replaced the drive shaft flange with a new one,(ouch! 40.00 with out the set screw. Mine was worn enough to possibly damage the bgb shaft key way,so I thought it would be wise to do so.New synthetic gear oil in bgb and trans,sharpend the blades and lubed the chassis.As soon as I mow the first time I will change oil over to Mobile One and see how it works.Is everyone else getting ready? John :D:D

I thought about removing the blade,and the blower from the respective tractors today.But then it started snowing.....;)

I haven't got a chance to use my snowblower I picked up last fall yet! I have to re-bearing my deck and paint it, we got several months yet...

The end of last week I was contemplating pulling the blower off then today it's been snowing like mad off and on all afternoon. Nah, March is way too early to think about mowing in Michigan.

Will be mowing real soon. All the snows gone, the blowers off, just need bearings for the 917, and the deck is on my 416:). Have the 410 just for backup. Now, I need a deck for the 710:)

I fertilized the yard today with the new drop spreader/spike areator I got for Christmas. The spreader works good. I like it. :o)

I recently got an old plug areator, grass will be growing within a month or so, I guess I need to areate in the spring? Not too sure. Got two tractors that cut grass, too blade off put plow on last week, plowing didn't go too well. Got lots to get going before spring but I guess I'm halfway there.

I was thinking about getting ready.....but it's snowing here in CT this morning! Man I have cabin fever!!!!!!!! Elon

Grass just started turning here in Northeastern Md. Broadmoor is ready to go, 2110 is in pieces, just about ready to paint, so thats the spring project. New blades, belts, and a valve job on the Broadmoor. i think we are a couple weeks off though.

To early here to think about grass cutting yet.;) This morning woke to see it snowing.;) I still have the tractors ready for the snow.:D Karl

We were supposed to get 3-5" last night, except there's nothing on the ground this morning. Some left over banks is all that's left here in Central NY. Even with the threat of snow, I took the blower off the HB-112 yesterday. Won't be green here 'til end of April though. Time to grease 'em up and look 'em over! Rob

I was thinking of taking off my blade this weekend. Glad I didn't- woke up to about four inches of white stuff and it's still coming down here in NW Jersey....

It was about 60 couple degrees yesterday so I guess I had a case of spring fever. Today, its back to about 43 with a stiff wind the grass is getting green though! I still have the blower on the 101 but I don`t PLAN on using it anymore this year.Hey comet66 I hope you order up some good weather out there the first weekend of April as I`ll be heading out to Pontiac about 9hrs drive. John