Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing

dieselman

I tryed plowing with my 920 and brindly 10" plow for the first time today. Its nothing compared to the plows im use to. I also built a 6' feild cultavator for it. it didn't work to bad but it still didn't lug the engine. i just cant get any thing big enough to lug the engine.

Neil, find yourself about a 6 foot tandem disc with about 18 inch blades, maybe that'll make her smoke a little.

ive kinda been looking for a tiller but there kinda hard to come by in this area. id like to find a 38" but there really rare and pricy if i would find one.

The only diesel we have in the yard is a 240 Ferguson, I like the gas myself but if i can get a diesel A-C Simplicity I would buy it if the price was right. :D

Well you implied in your post above that you had a diesel. A 920 is a diesel and you said the tiller would smoke it. Well I beg to differ with you. This equipment is made to use and work not abuse. It did not last by haveing some one abuse it and see how much it will take to break it. I think you have some growing up to do. Someday you will be paying the bills and it will be a different story
quote:
10HorseMan Posted - 03/07/2004 : 20:22:08 Put a tiller on it and till in wet clay, then the black smoke rolls.
quote:
UCD Posted - 03/07/2004 : 20:34:42 Do you know this as a fact?
quote:
10HorseMan Posted - 03/07/2004 : 21:04:47 Yes and i broke the belt in the process. This was with the old engine.
quote:
UCD Posted - 03/07/2004 : 22:25:17 you also have a diesel?
quote:
10HorseMan Posted - 03/09/2004 : 06:59:23 The only diesel we have in the yard is a 240 Ferguson, I like the gas myself but if i can get a diesel A-C Simplicity I would buy it if the price was right.

Gas also put's off black smoke. Hit some clay near a lagoon and it put the ole 10 to work. ? :D