Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Engine Transplant

MDB

Just thought I would share a few pictures of an engine transplant that I did for a friend of mine. He bought this 912H with a bad 12HP Kohler, broken rod....xx( He also had a pretty good 12 HP cast iron briggs so we decided to put it in the 912 instead of rebiulding the Kohler. Here is what we came up with.

The Briggs bolted right in with no modifications but we had to make some changes to the wiring and had to install a new key switch because the Kohler had a coil ignition and the Briggs has a Magneto ignition. Here is what I got in return for doing this job and also rebuilding a couple of mower decks for my friend.

3212V with factory lights, rear lift, trailer hitch, 2 48" decks and 2 parts tractors to go along with it.

It is not just the getting in return, it is also the helping and friendship that make these little iron work horses so much fun:D It is always nice to BE THE NICE GUY. Dan

Mike nice ???????? Oh for cryin out loud !!! You outta see him in the morning at the coffee shop when we want him to bring to coffee pot. hahahahahaha !!!! drive by Mike............... ken

That is the exact conversion I did on my 912 7 years ago.The rod went twice on the Kohler bought a brand new 16 hp Briggs and it went right in.Never had a days trouble since.The only modifications I made were 2.A kill switch for the magneto type ignition and the chassis had to have a slight cut made for the lower oil drain plug to clear the driver's side rail.

Excellent job on the 912. I just put a brand new 16HP Kohler Magnum in my Allis 916H. Minor electrical alterations, but it fit right in otherwise. Heck of a deal you got in return. Good Luck with it. It's always nice to see people preserving old Simplicity and Allis-Chalmers Tractors!