Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
landlord2110

to big of an engine for my landlord 2110?

landlord2110
I was wondering how big you can go with a new engine(up to 16hp)? is a 16hp to much for tranny or bgh, etc. and do you have the space for one? thanks for everyones help and what a great site for help.

rjgoth
You should be able to put a 16hp in your 2110 without any problems. However before you do this you should ask yourself what function does the tractor need to perform. I have been using a 10hp in my Landord 101 for over 10 years and have never had any problems with that engine not having enough power to do the things that I needed it to do. Granted all I really do with it is cut grass and plow snow.

Kent
Agree with the points above. Unless you want to use a larger (i.e. 42") snowblower than the 36", I don't see anything that would demand a larger engine. The 48" mower deck would, but it won't fit your 2110. These implements are pretty well matched to the tractors' capabilities. I've tilled, plowed, and "bull-dozed" with 10HP and traction is usually the issue, not power. The only two attachments that I know that would demand more power are the larger 48" mowers and 42" snowblowers... I have a frontend loader on a 12HP, and use it most of the time at 2000-2500 RPM, not even taking advantage of its 2 extra horses.... Back to your original question, though -- I've heard that the Simplicity BGB/tranny are rated to 40 HP....

HubbardRA
I am currently running a 10 Hp B/S on my AC716H tractor with a 48 inch mower deck. I use it to push dirt, gravel, and snow with a blade. This year I mounted a 36 inch snowthrower. I do not find the 10 Hp engine to be inadequate. The original 16 Hp engine might do some things just a little faster, but with the hydro, it would be hard to notice.

ROBBYDOB
quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Back to your original question, though -- I've heard that the Simplicity BGB/tranny are rated to 40 HP....
Interesting Kent, I always thought about slipping an old two cyl. Johnny Popper in the 920!:o) Ouch!

JBLACK
I guess it`s not recommended by the factory but I`ve been using a 42 incher on my 9hp 101 for about 7 yrs and havn`t needed any more hp than that.It works fine for this neck of the woods(south central PA.)John

IronPony
Re-powered my AC712S (Like a Simplicity Landlord) by replacing the 12hp with a 16hp. Did it because the 12hp was burning oil really bad and I found the 16hp on eBay at a great price ($300 delivered to my house). Had I found a 12 or 14 horse power first that would have been the engine of choice. As stated above, traction is the limiter not horse power. All four Kohler K series engines, 10, 12, 14 and 16 horse power would bolt right in. Dan