Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

question on rim size

roma3112

folks I was wondering if the rear rims from my parts 3112H will fit on my 2000mod year sovereign. I want to paint them up and mount some AG tires on it. the next question is (if the rims will work) do any of you folks have any reccomendations as far as style/brand. I thought in the past some members have made refrence to some guy on ebay that sold some pretty good prices. I want to use them for snow and use them for when i use my johnny bucket *extra traction) any suggestions/help would be appreciated. john

The rims will work just fine. They should be identical to your 2000 sovereign. There are a number of mail order places to get tires. Carlisle probably makes the most for lawn and garden. Farm and Fleet sells 23 x 10.5 x 12 Carlisle bar lug tires for about $50 ea.

As Mike said, the rims are good to go. My next Ag's will be Carlisle Power Trac's. I like the looks of them. Make a cup of coffee, then do a search on Ag tires, your gonna be awhile, been many indebt posts on them beauties.

Mike,Martin thanks! I am going to try a search now for them, i found some guy selling Carlisle tires on ebay i will look into which model/sizes he has. Thanks guys john

If you want to put something on your 3112 to keep it off the ground, or not have to block it up, I found that some GM fwd wheels fit. I put a couple of wheels off a '98 Lumina on the back of my 920 while I "borrowed" the 10.50's for my 110. I'd imagine there are others that will fit too. Maybe too redneckish for some though. Rob

robby, would not consider it redneckish to use those wheels, actually i am interestted in finding out if anyone knows of car rims/wheels that would fit a 725, sounds like a good idea to have them around for a guy like me that does not have 2 sets of tires for the tractor.

Are Simplicity RIMS that came out out the factory with the following tire sizes the same in dimentions? 23 x 8.5 x 12 23 x 9.5 x 12 23 x 10.5 x 12 23 x 12.5 x 12 I think this is the size on my 1999 Landlord I am thinking about buying two parts tractors for the rims on e-bay, they are an Allis 712 and an Allis 7013. I need some rims to mount farm tractor type 23x10.5x12 lug tires on. Bob

The rims will fit right on your 2000 Sovereign. One nice thing about these tractors is that they had an extremely long production run over the years with minor changes, but alot of the parts and attachments will fit just fine!

The rims for 23x8.5x12 tires are different from the rims for 23x10.5x12 tires. I don't know about the other tire sizes / rim sizes. All large frame rims will bolt to the hubs. Bob, Not all large frame tractors came with 23x10.5x12 tires, some lower horsepower tractors came with 23x8.5.12 tires so you should check with the seller about the size of the tires. I saw that eBay auction and had some interest in one of the hulks. If you aren't interested in everything, PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.