Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finished pics on Powermax

D-17_Dave

I fixed the 616 for a friend of mine. It has a deck in decent shape that will be put to use soon.

I fixed the 620 for me, still looking for a good deck, as the one I have is pretty rusty. But I am pleased with the results so far. I didn't do a complete paint resoration of ethier tractor, just rebiult both engines, and other mech. stuff. Getting them ready to go to work. Maybe next winter I'll make them look a little better.

As for the 4040, you can see for yourself, It gave it's all for the team. Don't know what's gonna happen to it yet. Maybe duals on the 620 are in order:p Guese it depends on how many parts I have left over.

All this in 4 days. I'm beat, the shops a mess and it looks like a powermax exploded in the shop:D

Hey Dave you have all the fun.lol.Nice looking tractors you got there.Welll worth the work.Tony

Lot of work for four days, But it looks like a couple fine machines there. How extensive were the re-builds? Cost alot? I have one to do for sure and one maybe, but want to give it a little more time to investigate other possibilities. (like Honda or something) I just finished a tractor and know just what your saying about the shop. Get to turn ino a clean up crew now. Ken

IMO you should have traded him front tires for your labor, but, I see you have a set on the 4040 you could use. If you decide to part that out, I'll put dibs on the 3pt..

The rebuild on the engines consisted of knocking the claze off the cyl. Rings, bearings and head gaskets. My local NAPA dealer supplied most parts. Got around 100.00 in each engine. The blocks could use an overbore but I wanted to see how good pf shape everything else was on the tractor before getting crazy on just the engines. Maybe when I repaint the 620 I'll do more, but the 616 is no longer my financial responsibility. By that I mean I bought the 616, and my friend bought the 620. I did the work on both, and payed for the parts for the engines and traded him the 620 for the work and the 616. Both of us are happy and I I still have the 4040 for parts or whatever. MPH, the 616 didn't have a 3-point so the 4040 donated to it. I now have a set of narrow fronts and the wide fronts on the 620. Plus another set of rear ags for the possible duals.

In the photo it looks like the upper part is still on the 4040. I built my own but the upper portion is lacking in quality, like no cranks.