Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
RonnDilling

hot exaust

RonnDilling
I have recently aquired a B112.I had a new carb installed.Engine runs fine,but after a minute or so the exaust pipe and muffler are red hot.I have adjusted the carb, and it does not appear to be to lean.Any input would be appreciated.I am also looking for a front,and,or rear blade. Ronn

HubbardRA
How does the exhaust sound? Could the muffler be partially plugged? A partially plugged muffler will prevent the heat from escaping and make the exhaust run very hot. Retarded ignition timing will also cause a very hot exhaust. Point gap could be too wide, or overall timing could be off.

ReedS
Make sure your cooling fins are clear of debris. Mice really like that space under the shroud. If there's a mouse nest under there could be that you're not getting enough air flow to cool things down.

Al
Hi, Does it have the right muffler on, Has the muffler been replaced with one designed for a smaller cu in engine. Also if it has been converted to electronic ignition, you could have a partially sheared flywheel key causing the timing to be late. Other items have already addressed. My 2 cents worth and its free, value accordingly. Good luck, Al Eden