Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Montgomery Ward Power Trac Rider??

Orange

Hello, do any of you have a Ward's Power Trac Rider or know anyone that does? I recently bought the "project" tractor, but I included what I hope mine looks like when it is done. I'm looking for any info regarding the tractor, implements, manuals, whole tractors, etc. They sure are neat little machines. They were made by the Midland Company in Milwaukee for Wards. I have the Wards Farm Catalog for 1955 (I believe the first year they had the rider) and the '57 catalog. Both have the rider. I believe most Simplicity walker implements should fit. I'd love to hear from other owners. Thanks for reading. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=orange&file=8793"][img] images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

[url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=orange&file=8795"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]

Interesting I have never seen one of those before. Did the Midland Company have something to do with David Bradley. Just curious as I have seen the david Bradley`s with the same color of rims. RayS

As far as I know Midland wasn't connected to David Bradley. I believe that the David Bradleys were sold through Sears which would have been the main competetor to Wards. The 1955 Wards Farm catalog shows all of the models built for Wards, including the Simplicity built Plow Trac walker with the Briggs model 14. The green paint sure does look like the David Bradley green though. The rest of the tractor is Simplicity orange. Can someone tell me why the other photo I posted won't show up? I followed UCD's directions but it doesn't seem to agree with me. Thanks

I have some of the parts to put one together but not the complete unit.I did see a couple of them down at the Rock River show in Wisconsin and from what I seen they look like they would work well.

Neat machine. Good luck with finding your information and restoration I'll be looking forward to those pictures.

Nice project you have going there! Hope you find everything you need for it, I think thats the best part of the project. ( the hunting for parts)

Well, this thing should be just about a zero turn ( in the front), but you better leave about 12 feet in the back. I haven't had a chance to ride mine yet, but the fella I bought mine from has one also. He said they are the most fun he's had on a tractor . . . any tractor, and he has restored dozens of rare machines. You all should check out his website of some of his toys. He has an amazing collection that he says is now quite small. He is a great guy to do business with. Here is his website http://www.highridgetractorparts.com/index.html and hopefully here is a picture of my tractor

Thanks orange. Some really cool stuff there I like the mighty mite and the panzer. I have on of the Haban Flail Mowers works really well. Should probably eBay it. Neat sight.

Hi Orange, I have something similiar. Its a wards power tract but you sit on the sulky and stear with handles mounted on the power trac. Mine came with a tiller and front mounted rotary mower. I found it in the back of my brother in laws barn. Cleaned tank and carb and it started! I hooked on the mower and hit an ant mound and it would not re-start. Tried to pull fly-wheel and broke one tooth on it. I just don't have time to get back to it. My wife gets mad every time she sees it sitting there. I'm in southwest iowa if you or anybody else is interested. Bob