Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
D-17_Dave

Enjoying time on site.

D-17_Dave
Never gave computers much thought, but now that I've had one for a few years I've really enjoyed it. I think mainly because of this site. I rarely view anyother sites and now that I have a dig. cam. I can share my hobby with everyone and feel more like a part of this club. I can truely say I have been educated by being a part of this site and have built friends from this. As a high school dropout, who still types with 2 fingers, I've learned to gain knowledge where ever you can. This group of people certainly has the edge on knowledge and resorces hands down. A special thanks to Maynard for posting directions on how to for the pics. I'd never have been able to have figured that out myself. Not much exsites me anymore but seeing others take appreciation over hard work and nice paint makes me think I'm not all by myself in this screwed up world. Thanks everyone, Dave:)

comet66
I visit several forums where people of like interests congregate, motor cycles, black powder shooting, etc. but this one was an instant favorite.:) I especialy like Talking Tractors, & Smow & Till. For the wealth of information and instruction, and the oportunity to get a look at the rigs that others take so much pride in.^ The few people I have had the pleasure to meet in person, have proven to be just as nice and helpful as they are on line.:) So Kent, Maynard, and who ever else was instrumental in starting this club (I wish I new all of your names),THANKS!:D By the way of all the forums I visit I like this format the best. Great choice. IMHO. Good thread Dave thanks.

Agricola
quote:
Originally posted by toad270
I also use the 2 finger hunt and peck system I wish I would have taken typing in school But I'm getting better I'm up to 4 fingers at times.
One is never too old to learn typing. [url]http://www.nimblefingers.com/a_exer.htm[/url] Is an interesting site for techiques to improve comfort while typing but it also has a methode (click on HOME) to learn typing. Once you have that skill down, and don't have to look a fingers, this site becomes even more fun.

roma3112
I can honestly say that i visit this place numerous times daily and besides checking my email and doing an occasional google search, i pretty much sign on come here and see who hi around. I didnt get a chance to go to the Colchester show, but mabee this year i can take a day off and go. I have only met in person 2 people (kent & his son)from the club, they came out 2 hours drive to my place to pick up a machine i had no use or space for. It was real nice to put a handshake and face to people i have known for a while. I hope to meet more of you as time goes by.

mowerman1193
I also visit this site a few times a day...seems like recently I have been a little buisy and have not been replying as much but I still read most all the messages.. I also do the two finger typing...I am going to check out the link above as I have been wanting to learn to type again...I had it in school but didn't do well then and wasn't really interested at the time so I forgot most of it...

ehertzfeld
My home page is the club page. It's the first thing that I see when I get online. After crussing here I check my email, then Ebay, then back here. Thats about all I do online. I was 26 or so when I got my frist computer, I was divorsed, and did the normal xxx thing. Well that got old real fast. Now I 33 remarried and caint stop thinking of projects on or with my tractors. Having this club has helped me gain not only knowlage but an aprecation for, not only my tractors but others as well. Best think I did was the search for simplicity, and become a member. I too have meet lots of great friends here in this club. I just hope to meet more. Elon