Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Could you guys give me an opinion on these AG's

roma3112

Hi with some help from Mikees, and MPH i figured out that i can use the extra set of rims off a parts tractor i have, well i did search on the net and came up with this guy from ebay, if any of you have the time can you check out the link and let me know if they area decent type. Thanks>>john http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2377388988&category=50377

I bought a set of these tires and installed them on the rims of my HB-212. I am fairly well satisfied with them, but would like to have deeper lugs. If memory serves me correctly, the rims from the HB-212 are 8" wide rims. The tread face was distorted. It was rounded, so the "bite" was only on the center 1/3 of the tire. I switched them to the wider(11" wide?)rims from my 3112V, and they fit just right. Full ground contact across the face of the tire. I believe your 3112H should have these wider rims. If not, I would go to 23 X 8.50 X 12 tires, rather than 23 X 10.50 X 12. Pat

I have used 23x10.5x12 Carlisles for tractor pulling. In that size, they are considered the best. Cepek and Pit Bull only make the 26x12x12 size. I recently bought a set of tri-rib front tires from "rustybore". I got great service. He took a personal check and shipped immediately when he got it, didn't wait for it to clear. I called him to talk about the arrangements. He is an extremely nice guy. Runs the business from his home. Said he only lives a couple of miles from his tire distributor and can get tires quickly if he doesn't have them. I enjoyed talking to him.

Rodney thanks for the heads up on rustybore and on the tires! How is the weather down there treating you? I think it will be cherrybloosom time soon right? I spent almost 3 years in allexandria when i worked in DC. take care john

Unless you can find Chen Shins, these are the most agressive (widest and deepest lugs) lug tires that I know of... with perhaps the exception of specialized pulling tires.

Guys thanks for the help, i just orders a set of the carlisle's for the rear of my tractor(s) Now all i have to do is figure out a place to take them to mount them for me, I was considering one of those "harbor freight" tire machines but i am not sure how they would work, or if i would have that much use for it after i was done. thanks again john

John, Weather has been 60s and 70s recently, but today there are snow flurries flying around. I also have one of those tire machines. The one for autos, not the little one. It is great for rear tires. The front wheel will not fit over the center shaft unless you knock out the bearing races. I used to break my front tires loose, then changed them with screw drivers. The tire machine will change rear tires with no problem. I have even broken down and changed some radial tires for my son. The machine is all manual, but the good part is that I only spent $29 for it.

Its nice to hear of someone dealing with Rustybore I have been watching his prices ect. for some time now and been thinking of buying some lugs for my little Broadmoor from him...

Kevin I did a search on these tires and found his (rustybores) to be right in the ball park. Even with shipping i think i made out ok,where i live (boston area) there are not many places like TSC Agway farm/fleet most places (local dealers) get outrageous money for tires. All i had to do here is click a few buttons and poof the tires will be here way before i am ready for them, and i didnt have to drive 1hr out of my way. good luck

I have been looking at these tires for a 725,,,not 100% sure yet if I will get them, still looking around. It is my understanding the rims on the 725 are 6", but i havent been able to actually measure them yet, i am still looking for some 6" wide ag's. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2386089553&category=50377

Boney, You can put as big as an 8.50 on those 6 inch rims. The sides will be pulled in a little, but the tires will still work fine. A narrow rim will make the tread bulge more and you will need to run a little lower air pressure than you would with a wide rim. I once had a set of 23x10.5x12 tires mounted on 7 inch rims. They didn't look quite as good as the ones I now have mounted on 10.5 inch rims, but they worked fine and had plenty of traction. I hauled many trailer loads of firewood through slimy mud without any traction problems. They just kept on pulling.

Guys i just wanted to say that i got my tires from rustybore yesterday!! WOW super fast shipping i was not even expecting them, the transaction went smooth, I used paypal and they are here already. I have orderd tires from northern Hyd and it has taken weeks. I just wanted to tell you folks tha i had a good experience with rusty!