Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Older Simplicity Tractors

bkassulke

Like the HB's from the B-series, did Simplicity make any hydros for their older Landlords or Broadmoors???? Maybe I am just not looking hard enough on the site to find them. BKASSULKE

Yes they did. They started around 1969 with the soveriegns. There were not any early broadmoors with hydros. They only had the 2 and 3 speeds with optional hi-lo. http://www.simpletractors.com/simplicity/new_in_1969/3112.htm

Later model units will bolt right into the older Landlords. It will make your wheelbase about 4 inches longer. You would have to make your own linkage hook-ups and may have to re position your fenders or seat. I did the opposite several years ago. I took a 3-speed from a 61 unit and replaced the hydro in a 77 AC716H. I made a 4 inch adapter to move the unit rearward so that the wheels would end up in the same place. Used it for tractor pulling for a couple of years. The two tractors that I combined back then have now been put back to their original configurations, a 61 Wards and an AC716H.

The "Made When" data table is a pretty good source for finding this kind of information. This table shows 1968 as the first year for the 3112V, the one Dutch linked shows 1967/68, and the HB-112 would be the first Allis hydro. http://www.simpletractors.com/made_when/1968-1969.htm

Ben, if you go to SimpletrACtor site with some time to spend and click on A/C and Simplicity, 2nd and 3rd lines down, you can look though a massive amount of orginal sales adds Kent has put together there. Lots of info on these ole tractors and attachements and pictures to give you an idea what the different models look like.

Thanks I do have a lot of time to kill. Seeing that am on Spring Break, this whole week. Trying to kil time while Michael is up in WI getting my B-110. Hopefullyit will be running in peak condition soon. Will try to post pics of the B-110 when I get it. Thanks for your help. BKASSULKE