Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bidding on Allis 716

IronPony

Is any other club member bidding on this 716 on eBay? I don't like to bid against club members. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2386056845&category=50377

Thanks Dan

I have placed 2 bids but it is a long drive for me and the timing is not really very good. We will be moving from MN to NE in a month. Still, I have a motor and I already have a 712S. Would sure like this one^ Dan

I guess you members do not talk to non-members, which is ok. But maybe you can help me. It is my understanding that my dues are paid up until early 2005; however, this does not show beside my name on this post and I do not have access to some places on the club. Can anyone tell me what is going on?

How long ago did you pay your dues and by what method? It does take a couple weeks for mailed in stuff to get through the system.

quote:
Originally posted by Kokomo
I guess you members do not talk to non-members, which is ok. But maybe you can help me. It is my understanding that my dues are paid up until early 2005; however, this does not show beside my name on this post and I do not have access to some places on the club. Can anyone tell me what is going on?
You're showing up as a "Member" on my computer. Try to Log Off and Log In again to reset the cookies on your computer.

Welcome aboard Bob, Always nice to meet new members, this really is a friendly place to come to... Best place on the net^ BTW Dan, I am not bidding on it either, It has running boards.....;):D:D:D

Bob, I really wanted it to put an engine in and use. Thought the 3 speed Hi Lo would be a better tractor than my shuttle drive. Guess there are other members interested as well. BTW I would answer anyone, member or non-member. I think all of us on this site would. After all, we are the nicest tractor folks on the internet. Dan

I have an extra b&s 10 block that won't take much to get done. Thought about that for it. 6 speeds would be nice to use it as a show scooter LO range would make it nice in a slow crowd

Welcome Bob, to the greatest tractor site on the web. Nice lookin tractor, why dont you guys thumb wrestle for it? :D

Dan If you want the tractor, bid On it. Bid what you are willing to pay and if you get it all well and good. If someone else wants to bid on it let them. If they out bid you so be it, there will be more (maybe in better shape, lower price, closer to home). If you go on the presumption of not bidding on an item because someone else in the club is you will never get anything. You bid on what you want, they bid on what they want and the best man wins. I don't even look to see who(another club member) is bidding on an item I want because if I did I would not be bidding on anything. I make one bid in the last min of the auction, if I get it great, if I don't, well, there is next time.

I would like to thank everyone who welcomed me to the club. It really means something to me. Bob in Kokomo, IN

Levi,you live in Remington? Are you the guy who has some tractors for sale on US24,just west of I65? Whoever it is had a beautiful AC 712 for sale last year.I drooled everytime I saw it.

No Kenny but I do sell him some parts to get some of his tractors back in shape. I live in town on the north west side. At one time he had 3 of them setting there at once, all 700 and he has some nice Bs.