Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

all ready to mow and...

dhardin

All ready to mow the hydro belt broke. Whats the best way to change it. Do i have to all most pull the engine. Or will it go between the drive shaft and engine. Parden me for another stupid question.

The LL in your gallery has no lift lever, so maybe it's that? I would think it's possible to separate the driveshaft from the s/g pulley and slip the belt in. But have somebody with hydro lift on a B series second that, if that's even the type of tractor you're talking about.

If it is the hydro lift on landlord or sovereign it will go right on by unfastening the drive shaft and taking the pulley out.

sorry guys its my Landlord, it has a hydro lift. While im at this point i got both the hydro lift belt and S/G belt to change all at the same time. Im trying to save some time and really appreciate all your input. Been under the weather and spending to much time with the doctors. thanks lots. dhardin

Hope your feeling better there Dhardin. Changin the belts can be a tricky thing, got to watch your fingers, in there I pinched mine bad once.