Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pull behind disk and plow

bigcountry

I was over in the woods behind my neighbor's house the other day and I ran across a cast iron pull behind disk, and one gang is seized up. There was also a plow that had two blades pointed in like this \ / , that you can take the disk off the frame and put the plows on, and a single plow that was completely separate. It looks like they were originally painted red but faded to pink and now it's peeling. They are iron, they are heavy enough to tell me that! I didn't see an ID plate or anything, I was just wondering if anybody might know of who made those attachments. My neighbor is 90 years old and it's been 5 years since he's had a garden, and this disk looks like it hasn't been moved in 20 years, so I think when he gets back from the beach, I'm gonna go talk to him about getting the disk and plows. I'll try to get some pics of it this week.

Max, what the dia of the disc's? If its an old farm tractor type disc I say get it you can, should be heavy enough to actually do something. The double 'V' shaped plow sounds like its for making furrows to plant in.

Max, ditto what Marty said. For reference, 10"-12" discs = made for garden tractor, 14" and up discs = farm use. Larry

I'll have to go take some measurements this afternoon, I have to go over there again anyway, I have to measure the length of a crack on the block on his Farmall 100, that I am going to fix up for him.

I think what you have is a flip plow which was available for the farmall cub in the mid 50's go to www.farmallcub.com and look at the photo section. The only thing that sounds diferent is the cub plows were all painted blue at the factory but alot of people would repaint them red years later. BTW does it look like it will pivot and have a strange handle on it? The other thing it would be what is known as a fast hitch, it has a spear looking latch system . good luck with it.

It has what looks like a sleeve hitch on it. Our Farmall 140 has the fast hitch, it's definitely not one on this disk. It has the little slots for angling the gangs and the places to adjust the plow angles. There is no handles on it. It is definitely a garden tractor setup from what I gather. It has a bracket on top for a cinder block to slide in for weight. I'm waiting for the pictures to get developed, then everybody can examine it and then we can draw a conclusion.