Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Heaviest Pull Question

ambler

Ground was too wet to bring camper trailer up from the barn this weekend. So I got the 7112H out and put the pto vac on the back, It has a hitch with a two inch ball welded on. Hooked up 23ft trailer she lugged it up hill 100 yards to the house no problem and would have done it at high speed but I didn't want to hit a tree. Up at the house I entered the long mud and water hole she drove through that but I noticed I was headed into a car. Then I saw the front wheels were off the ground so I stopped in mud and reversed to high ground and took the trailer away with the truck. I was amazed. I had wheel weights and chains from the winter. I think I need to add a front weight bracket and 100 150 lbs and shes good to go. Its a 23 ft 30 year old trailer.

Cool Ambler! Biggest load I've had on my Big Ten was the old Dodge pickup when I got over the hill and it was too slick to get back up. 4200lbs 250 feet with 10 smokey hp. What a rush! Larry

Ambler, The one we pull in the Shenandoah Valley weighs 8500 lb. Believe me, there has never been a Simplicity made that it won't stop. It will stop blown, big block 1800 lb Mini-Mods, but can be set up so that a Broadmore could pull it. Had a trailer in my back yard a few years back. Very wet and muddy at the time. Hooked a van I had to the trailer. It started spinning and couldn't move the trailer. In fact the van was also stuck. Took the 61 Wards (set up for pulling) and pulled the van out. Then I hooked to the trailer and pulled the trailer out to the driveway. Amazing what these tractors will do.

It impressed me. I'm going to fabricate an adjustable tow hitch rig so I don't have to take the ford back their unless its frozen.

I've got a '82 GMC 14' flatbed. One day I was curious what the '99 Sovereign would do with it, so I hooked onto it, and pulled it up the stone driveway about 25' before I lost traction. The door tag register quotes the truck at 10,400. That same day I was moving my 21' boat around with the B farm tractor when it stalled and wouldn't restart. The Sovereigm pulled the whole rig all over the back yard. That's good redneck entertainment. Rob

Rob That door tag is gross vehicle weight(truck and load) not actual weight. I have moved a 32' camper trailer and all so my 82 GMC 3500 454 4x4 (hows that for numbers?)with an 18' steel roll back body which weighed 9400 lbs empty up into my garage when the cam went in it with my 7790.

Skidding a load is the key.When pulling our Sim or cub can skid a load of approx 2700 lbs. a LOT tougher than something with wheels on it,Take the wheels off trailer put trailer on skid planks and see what it will do!thats what trac pulling is like around here we have no sleds that start you off rolling free for the 1st 30 ft or so,,stoneboats are the rage here,,people simply jump on it as it goes down the track,,

It was about 15 years ago, my freind & I were participating in a tractor pull at a local picnic. We had just finished the event for the evening & my 917 Allis with 18hp Magnum(twin straight pipes) & 6speed trans & my freinds 714 Allis (with straight pipe)with a shuttle trans were still weighing in at 1200lbs with the driver on, and both had 26x12x12 bar tires cut for pulling. The parking area was very soft & muddy & my brothers two wheel drive pickup along with his 3000lb trailer & 3 more tractors on the trailer, each setup for the 1000lb class plus another 500lbs or so misc weights & and tools were stuck. We hooked both tractors to the front using a couple of stretch type tow straps, shoved them both in high gear and nailed the throttle. The noise that these two tractors were making had very quickly had everyones attention. It was dark and we had our headlights on, my brother had the headlights to his truck on which I've been told looked like spotlights on our tractors. We had pulled him through areas where 4 wheel drives were getting stuck and kept on pulling him with engines screamin & mud flyin untill we got him on a gravel drive several hundred feet away. Once there we were complimented by many people on the show we had just givin them, and the comment that kept be said was "Ain't no way a CUB could've done THAT"! I know others may have pulled more, but for me that is a night I will never forget & people still sometimes talk to me about that night. Wow, I think I need to log off and look through some old pictures now! PeppyDan

We pull stone boats here also but we start out with the full weight on the sled and then have to pull 12 foot for a full pull. Tire size is limited to 23-12-12. With the tractor 3410 totally stock I have pulled 228%. Last year I was able to win the 6 pull point championship at 1150 pounds, 3rd at 1050 and with another club points champ at 1050. By the way I use carsyle [sp] ag tread tires from TSC. The best my Oliver 77 [also the points champ at 5500#] has ever done is 192%. These little tractors can really pull.

Sure whish you guys would stop talking about how much fun pulling is. I don't need still another hobby. :D

Maynard, I don't know what the 10,400 is, but the g.v.w. says 14,300. So I have no idea what it weighs empty. But it sounds like we have identical trucks, except yours is four feet longer, and mine has a 292 straight six!! OOOF. It's okay, I'm not in a hurry usually! Rob