Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is this?

tanman722001

tanman722001
I seen this on ebay.What will it fit.Has anyone ever seen one or has one? How good would it be to use?Just a little curious about it.Tony

It'a a 540 RPM PTO. Handy to run grain augers, bale elevators, small, PTO generators, small feed grinders and other stationary PTO equipment. I'm sure others can add to the list. Should fit all the Sovreign and older Landlord tractors. Pat

I have one setting on the shelf at work,sometimes I mount it on a tractor when going to a show.Iv'e never actually hooked anything to it so I couldn't tell ya how well it works.I traded a 48" deck to fit a AC-416 for the one I have.

Ronald Hribar
Does it have an actual output shaft that you can hook something up to it? Or do you hook a belt to attached piece of equipment? I was thinking of some type of farm equipment or a brush hog.

Ronald Hribar
That would work with stationary equipment, but not with pull behind or forward mounted like say a Bolens snow blower

I saw one of those hooked up to a brush hog setup that was on the back of an old 101 that grand daddy had back in the early 70s.

Here ya go,it's mounted on a B-210.You'll need a drive pulley off of the BGB which I believe is the same as a 36" tiller drive pulley.

That'll be cool to have. Something else to hang on the wall. Maybe hafta buy another tractor to dedicate to it. You know how we hate to half to switch implements.lol

patrician12
What stops the attachment that goes on to the pto from sliding off?What keeps it on the splined shaft?

Ronald Hribar
One of two ways . There is a hole through the shaft that you can put a pin thru. The second way, is that there is an groove around shaft and the attaching shaft has a spring loaded pin that engages the groove

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
One of two ways . There is a hole through the shaft that you can put a pin thru. The second way, is that there is an groove around shaft and the attaching shaft has a spring loaded pin that engages the groove
There is a third type that clamps onto the shaft. Pat