Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Going to look at a B-10

PatRarick

on Saturday. A guy called me a few weeks ago. He has a late model B-10 with hi-lo. New 12 horse engine installed ten years ago. Mower deck, single belt snowblower, 32" tiller, and 42" snow blade. Just off the top of his head, he shot me a price of $750. He called me again this evening and said he found the dual wheel setup, extra set of wheels with bar tread tires, two sets of rear wheel weights, and two sets of chains. The tractor was purchased new by his father in 1967. Engine was worn out in 1993. Installed a new engine and two months later the roll pins sheared off in the wheel hub of the differential. Been sitting in their machine shed until last spring, when he traded me the 10" plow for a used hub and steering wheel. Basically want the hi-lo, the dual setup, extra wheels, wheel weights and one set of chains. Will probably sell off the rest. Pat

Considering the way your last tractor looked after your TLC injection Pat I'll say you deserve another one. Get dual wheels you better keep the two sets of chains though.

quote:
ehertzfeld Posted - 03/12/2004 : 06:56:15 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The only phone calls I get are them #$%&!*^ tellamarketers!
I gotta make a living and pay for my tractors somehow. I'm not selling something you can keep just a service. But selling it has saved 4 tractors and assorted attachments. And more are in my sights. So keep that in mind it's just a job like yours.

I agree with Elon. They always call right when we sit down to dinner. I always answer "hello", then when I find out it's a tellamarketers, I say "goodbye" then hang, or sometimes it's more than a goodbye. I'm sorry, but that's how I handle telemarketers.

Try starting here for getting rid of telemarketers I also have The telezapper my calls have been cut way down since I did these 2 things https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx http://www.telezapper.com/default.asp

Sounds like a great find to me. Wish I was close enough to help you get rid of some of it. I'm on that do not call list and still get calls from computers. If I want to buy something I'll go find it I don't need their prompting. Also about a ton of junk mail each week.

Great find Pat. Those tractors will keep you busy parting them out and selling them. But you do get lots of good parts for your self like the much sought after HiLo set up.

Thanks, but we are also on that do not call list and we get tons of calls. I'm getting sick and tired of them to tell the truth. I agree with comet66, if I want to buy something, I will go find them. We about 11 calls on the caller i.d. one day and they were all from telemarketers.

Telemarketer: Good evening Mr. Bouewamer (horrible mispronounciation)how are you? Me: Horny as hell, think you can help me with that? Telemarketer: Uh, no. Me: Then I guess we don't have much to talk about. Telemarketer: Click. OR Telemarketer: Good evening Mr. Boomer, I'm with blah blah blah. Me: I'm so glad you called. Would you be interested in buying any Amway products? Telemarketer: Click.