Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B1 question

cryles

Hi, Well I am as new to the site as I am to restoring old garden tractors. I just joined the site today and so far I love it and it has only been a few months since I acquired my first Allis Chalmers B1. In that time though I have come to find that finding and acquiring parts is about as hard as finding a needle in a hay stack. I did find a Simplicity 700 and was wondering if any one knew, excluding the motor; will the parts off of it work on the B1? Thanks

What parts are you looking to exchange? I know a 725 is similar to a B1,not sure about a 700.

Welcome to the best site on the net about tractors Start here and look at what fits and ex-ref table and then do a search of the site thru the magnifing glass in the top right corner of the home page for B1 and this will keep you busy for hours!!!! http://www.simpletractors.com/ It would be cool to see some pictures of your B1 if you could post some.

Welcome to the club. I think that a B1 is for me the most sought after older tractor, second only to the mighty 101.

All I actually need is the correct hood for it but I just thought if the parts would interchange I would get it.
quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
What parts are you looking to exchange? I know a 725 is similar to a B1,not sure about a 700.

Place a want-ad on here or go to the Portland, IN swap and sell in mid-May. Your chances of finding a 725 there are good.

Welcome to the club! I believe that the hoods and grilles are different between the allis B1 and simplicity 700 models while everything else pretty much will interchange. Most of the allis/simplicity lines are similar in this fashon, that the major differances are in styling and color. Good luck and enjoy!

Welcome to the club, Remember its a VERY large site. Do lots of searches and you can find anything you need. You will find the $10. (full membership) to gain full access to more of the sites in the club well worth the money. Thats just my apinion, no pressure to join. I have found more here than any other site on the net. And if its not here we have members that link you to others sites that have the info. AMAZING..... Enjoy Dhardin

Welcome to the club.............................and being the owner of 2 B-1s everything that reed said above is true. Rob