Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

One Thing Led To Another

KenK

I thought I better spruce up this old bolt together deck.Had to do a little welding,replaced one bearing and then it got sandblasted.

By the way I started this project at about 2:00 this afternoon.

Well I went this far so I decided to paint it.

Since I'm painting I decided to blast and paint this old cultivator.

And this all came about because of this little project that I finished up earlier this week.

I know this took awhile but I know how all you tractor nuts(including myself)love to look at pictures.:D

As far as the deck goes, might as well finish what you started. Looks great!. Also noticed you even had the piece that covers the points. By the way, where did you find a grill that nice for a B-1?

WOW...nice job !! You do good work..I need to work on a deck this weekend. I hope to have time next winter to re-do my tractor, if I can do half that good I'll be happy. Scott

I don't know how you guys do such a nice job. Your work is great, Ken. If you could take a close up of the center PTO and how it all goes together, I'd really appreciate it.

WOW indeed! That looks like perfection. You do very nice work. I love to see these old tractors restored like this.

WOW That is one mighty fine looking B1, You should be very proud of your work on this project, you did and excellent job. The bolt deck is a very nice addition to this project, Great job Ken8D^

Wow! That's museum-quality work, IMHO. I'm with Marty, though, I'd hate to get it dirty--I think I'd make it a snow tractor, only--lol! Really, really, nice work!

Man that is one sweet tractor! Such a fine job on all of it, shiney pullies, perfect grill, decal, and brackets. A really great attention to detail. That would make a nice peice of furniture. I wouldn't have the heart to get it dirty. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The grille is the original,cleaned and straightened.This tractor was in really good shape when I started.The seat was shot,needed 1 front tire,smoked baddly(new set of rings)and the hood was damaged.It also needed a muffler and was missing the pto gaurd and the correct pto pulley(it had a 4" and it should be a 4.5").And of course the paint was faded baddly(I took care of that though).:DYep this is a show tractor,I got another B-1 with a 10hp and duels that gets used heavily.I might have this in the wrong forum,after down sizing and loading pics I realized that I should have been in the smow and till.

Great job. Was trying to decide whether my next project would be the HB-212, or the B-1. You just made up my mind. The B-1 is next, unless someone shows an equally nice HB-212.;) Pat

What a fantastic job!!! I'm not trying to tell ya what to do, but I always cover up the positive terminal (+) with a rubber boot. That distance from the gas tank to the + side always scares me. Good job. John H

Awsome Job where did you get the yellow caps for the front wheels and what kind of coating is on the pulleys is that zinc (I have no clue) The cultivator and deck look great too.

Nice job Ken! I liked the series of pictures with the tractor being at the end... nice touch. It is great to see the old iron being restored and well taken care of. Ryan

quote:
Originally posted by PatRarick
Great job. Was trying to decide whether my next project would be the HB-212, or the B-1. You just made up my mind. The B-1 is next, unless someone shows an equally nice HB-212.;) Pat
Not quite the level of Ken's B-1 but it's a workhourse too.

Not a very closeup pic but I don't have any of my HB-212 in it's summer clothes yet. As far as decideing witch one, Don't, Do both:D

The pulleys where painted with bumper chrome paint, the black was simplicity flat black,the white was simplicity white and get this the yellow was mixed from a 1975 AMC mellow yellow.The front cap on the right is the original.The cap on the left is a painted seat spring cover that would be on a 900 series.The points cover I made from dimensions that I got from another club member(by the way thanks). And thanks to all of you for your help and nice comments.