Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Indiana Roadtrip

Mack

Headed to Indiana early this morning.About a two hour drive one way.But look what followed me home!

Thanks Brent!

very nice both the tractor and the plow. A little tlc and that plow will look as good as the tractor

No,Robin I sure didn't mind the tailgating.Every time I looked in the mirror I had to smile.:D Didn't have as much time to talk tractors with Brent as I would have liked.After we got it loaded we noticed a tire on the trailer was flat.After putting air in it we could hear air leaking out.So Brent gave me directions to a small shop about two miles away.The old boy in there had me fixed up and refilled my coffee for less than $5.00. The tactor is a B-112.It has a mower deck,snow blade and tiller all in very good condition.I was so impressed with it I didn't even try to haggle on the price.;)

Glad you're please with the machine Mack. If I like FDT I'd have kept that one for sure, as complete and straight as it is. Kitt's Economy Service hasn't changed their prices since I was a kid 20 years ago. Nice folks there. At the sale I went to after you left, the actioneer was trying to get me to go higher on a JD 110 than I was willing ($410 was high enough for me). He said "Come on. Bet you don't have one like that at home". I politely said "you're right", but was thinking "You're right, I buy these green pieces of junk to part out so I can afford buy more orange ones!" I also didn't want to get lynched by some green fanatic in the crowd. Even though as much it pains me to admit it, the '68 JD 110 w/ "hydra lift" is a pretty decent machine. Good luck with the B-112 and let us know if you decide to restore it to showroom new. Brent

You got that right Brent,I was at a sale on Saturday and a JD110 with deck and the front pto attachment went for $650.They also had a wheel horse,broadmor size that was clean and run good $280.There was an old case I was interested in,10hp kohler,hydro and it was in great original shape $400.The guy that bought the case had been standing beside it for 20mins. and I don't believe he would have quit bidding till he had it.Which he does.No AC stuff.:(

2 hours is about what I drove for my B-112 Paul. Sure wasn't that pretty, but have never regetted the drive. Brents dislike for FDT's?????? is most surely to your benifit this time around.

It not so much a dislike for FDT, as it is gear drives. Hydro's to me are keepers, gear drives are sellers.

Believe me, MDB, it was tough cause I could see $ signs when I looked at the 42" tiller and nice heavy duty blade, but since it was an all original package complete with the manual and delivery record, I didn't feel right about splitting it up.

I sat beside my B10 in a camp chair till they got to it. I jumped in on the first bid and won out at the end $100 Long befor the auctioner got to it one of the guys standing near by that had looked it over ask what I was there for? I said that and pointed right at it. He stopped at $50. I think a few more didn't bid or quit because I had said that.

Brent, I will have to sell some of my other stuff now to pay for this and the restoration. But it will make a fine show tractor and will have some light dutys to perform. Look for updates and pictures as the weather warms.:D

I hope you like your B112 as much as I like mine, It is a great looking rig, you are lucky to have all those attachments too! If I may be so bold what was the price?