Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

opinions please

KenK

Do you all think it would look silly to show the tractor with the deck and the cultivator mounted together.

I need to get the cross drive belt for the deck and I need to get new shovels for the cultivator then I'll be done.:D

Allis B-12 her's a pic of the pto,hope it helps.

Doesn't look silly to me, looks like a very nicely restored outfit. I would show it that way if it were mine....8D BTW where did you get the yellow hub covers for the front wheels?

Don't see where it would hurt to strut your pride on both pieces at the same time Ken, so long as you got a few short 'oneliners' ready for those who want to know how you use them together.

Mike I like the covers too. Look to me like the plastic ends that came on round stock or tubing when I worked in the stockroom. Came shipped that way. Am I right?

Ken, thanks for the picture. My later tractor doesn't have the belt finger for the back side of the belt. Do I need to have one there?

Nice looking tractor Ken. Personally, I think you should add another implement on the front end too. If its for show, go all out. As far as the yellow caps, I think that's all that covered up the bearings on the B1's and early B-10's. Many of the early model B10's were converted to the metal dust covers, not sure if this ocured on the B1's unless you updated the rims. There made of plastic with a slight taper so they snug tight over the wheel hubs. I haven't seen any of them remade but have original ones on my B's.

Here's the scoop on the front wheel covers.Go to your simplicity dealer and ask for part #1704724 then paint them yellow,they fit pretty good.

Sorry Graham, I know it's not nice, but I couldn't help but chuckle at that warning. That's a lesson you won't soon forget. How's that finger doing anyhow? Better I hope.

I think that would be great to show with both. Heck, if I had that sweet looking rig, I'd have stuff hanging everywhere I could on it!! I think I saw some microscopic piece of dust on one of the tires, though. :o)

The more I look at the more Iv'e decided to show it together.Heck if Brent uses his that way I should be able to show it:D.I better get scrubbin,hate to see dust.[:0]:D Thanks all.

Wow Ken! That's a nice lookng rig! I have that style culitvator and the later two piece one also. Must be why I picked up the extra tractors, to show all the stuff I've collected. Now I just need to get some of them cleaned up and running!! Larry

Chris ,yes this cultivator was yellow and the wheels are suppose to be yellow also.I painted them to match the wheels on the tractor.This deck was red though,I beleive it came off of a 1961 wards squire.

• 2 weeks later...
Say Ken, if that fine looking cultivator of yours is handy to get too could you get me a measurement center to center on the outter rear shanks? Only thing I see missing on mine is one of vert. irons that hold the tool bar on, mine only has one, and the crank is broken. It was on backwards being for a walker but the parts are all there, just need a 7/16 piece of all thread to make a replacement. Thanks...

• 2 months later...
quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Sorry Graham, I know it's not nice, but I couldn't help but chuckle at that warning. That's a lesson you won't soon forget. How's that finger doing anyhow? Better I hope.
Nope, thats one i sure wont forget. Its alot better now, still nothing like it was before though. It can get sore at times, but most the time i dont notice it. It'll take some time till its normal again, but its getting better:)