Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cryles

B1 Question Part 2

cryles
Thanks to everyone for the great info. This tractor has been a complete mystery all around. The motor has no id tag on it nor does it have a number stamped any where I can find. I sanded through several layers of paint, down to the original yellow and even to the bare metal in some places and still nothing. A friend of mine had an old model 19 B&S and out side of the block, piston and rod nothing matches up. As for the tractor itself, outside of the transmission and a small aluminum tag on the fender under the seat that is stamped 9943AC; which I can’t reference to anything, I found nothing. I plan on putting some pictures up as soon as I get some. Once again thanks a million for the information, Les

MPH
The ID plate on a model 19 is on the air shoud that raps the head on the output shaft side of the engine. If its gone with time then your basicly sol for finding any #'s. At least I didn't see any others on mine.

dhardin
if you hold the fly wheel shroud in your hands from the front. It is stamped in the side in about the 7:30 8:00 o-clock position. If its in the tractor it under the carb some 3 or 4"and just about the frame line. B1 and My Landlord are very similer. I looked for day to find mine. It was not till i had it painted and hanging to dry did i see the very light stamping in the metal and the light hit it just right. I had just assumed it was a 10hp briggs and from the club info i ordered parts. But just in time found it to be a 12hp briggs made in 1968 (tractor is a 1965) and changed my order in time. Keep lookng its there, and a good thing to have.

MPH
Dan, the older model 19 and 23's didn't have that stampping system as far as I know. Think it was about '65 that Briggs went to that system, along with the xxxxxx model # system and a code you can date them by.