Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Put the "eyes" back on the Bee

Allis_B12

I really wanted to put my lights back on the tractor. They were on, but the wires were cut. I rewired everything relating to the lights.

It took a little JB Weld and some playing around to get the lights lined up.

Some of the paint has been scratched off, and they're slightly dented. I didn't think I could do a good job painting the lights, so I left them. Now I tested them.

Pretty bright.

There was an nos light kit for a early landlord on ebay. I bid to $150 it ended today over $300. Lights,wires,bolts and other hardware. No lightbar. Killer-AC was kind enough to sell me a bar last weekend. I would have been all set. Nice eyes on your bee.

Wow, 300 bucks for headlight set-up. If I had one on my Landlord I'd take it off for that. Wouldn't think it be hard to paint the headlights if you took them apart. But I haven't done it so I'm just thinking.

[:0]$300? That was for NOS, though. These have been well used. The only fresh thing on them is the wiring. Maybe I could have done a decent job painting them, but I'm not good at putting them back together and keeping them nice. I'd end up scratching them.