Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Rear lift

Bunky
I have 1 FDT and 2 RBT's with rear lifts everyone of them have a different Style... How many styles were there???? and is the 1st one off a Allis 300-400 series?? [img]/club2/attach/Bunky/style1.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Bunky/style2.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/Bunky/Style3.JPG[/img]

Dutch
I have seen at least six different lift arms. There are the one hole, two hole, different offsets, and other subtle differences. Each is made for a specific tractor series. Then there are lift rods and cables of different lengths. Some rods are solid, some linked. Some cables have adjusters, others don't. Ironpony was asking about this not long ago. Research is the only way to determine what combination was made for your tractor. The good news is, just about anything can be made to work with slight modification. The correct OEM will fit precisely right out of the box.

Chris727
I believe I read on here somewhere that the 300/400 lifts have a different diameter hole something larger than 1" like on all the others. The first one you've got pictured looks like the ones for RBT's with cable lift and the second and 3rd look like they belond on FDT's. I think the first one is the hardest one to find, they are like $90 new from simplicity. I lucked out and got an NOS one with some other parts from the kit as well for around $30 on ebay, that was a steal.

Bunky
I think that your right Chris about the larger hole, I was told that before and wondered but theperson that told me that thought that the larger holed ones where on the 300-400 Allis Chalmers..

jkmustang1
Due to goverment trying to make Allis dump Simplicity because of monopoly laws. Allis began building l&g tractors at the lexington plant Goverment forced the size change so Simplicity built attachments would not be a direct fit