Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I'm done buying Simlicity tractors.

ROBBYDOB

And I've only bought one. You see, I've got two 700 series, a 700 and 725, that both still run and drive well. They need to be restored, but have given 40+ years of service. I also have 3 B series, an HB-112 with hydrolic lift, and 3 B-110's. All are original workers, never been touched other than bgb's (this year). They don't really NEED to be restored, as they run stong as mules, no smoke, just killer working machines. So, I am going to restore 2 of the B's first, thoroughly every piece will be refurbished, or replaced. Then, later down the road, (couple 4-5 years) the two 700 series. Same way. I have a '99 Sovereign, with reasonably low hours. How long will this machine last? With any luck, as long as the old timer's around here. I have a 310 and a 920, but don't know when I'll get to them just yet. In any case, in a few years, after minimal costs of restoration, I'll have 3 Simplicitys, and 3 Allis-Chalmers. All going strong, and each will have their own duty, instead of one or two doing all the work. How long will they last now? 6 tractors doing the work 1 did in the past. I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about it when the time comes! Sorry Simplicity Manufacturing Co, but your machines last too for me to have to buy more during my life time! Rob

Selling Tractors.. did Someone Say they were selling tractors... I hear those words and my eyes water, my hands shake..

I have a total of 11 Allis or Simplicity garden tractors. 310 700 725 B-110 w/ hydro lift B-110 w/ LH Robby lift HB-112 w/ hydro lift Deutz-Allis Vanguard 920D Two Homesteader 8's Late model Sovereign I have 5 AC farm tractors 2 WC's 2 B's and a D-17,(not Dave!) I've got enough to keep me busy awile! Every sunset is ORANGE around here! Thanks, Rob

Sounds like you guys have the infectous desease called Grandous-tracta-itis. Latin for those who are tractor impaired and are not able to stop collecting them. The bad news is that the prognosis is not good and there is not cure to be found. Pfizer is working on a patch for this desease but the lobbiest at Craftsman Tractors have a strong hold against the FDA aproving it for ditribution. However there is a 12 step program that begins with buying a Craftsman tractor, getting discourage with it to the point of needing to sell it....I wish you all good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
Are you interested in buying two more?
Are you interested in letting 2 of them go? HEHE I could always use a couple more machines! PM me if you are...

You can never have too many tractors...;):D:D I have about 20 Allis Chalmers & Simplicity garden tractors. I never have enough time to work on them all.;) Karl

quote:
Originally posted by ROBBYDOB
and a D-17,(not Dave!)
Well that's how I got my nic-name.;) I'm also afflicted with the ag-lne of tractors. My wife thinks its an Allis dealership in the back yard now.:pBy the way, is your 17 a gas, diesel, wat year? I got a 59 diesel series II. Areal workerSold the gas one I had last fall. Been fooling around with the smaller stuff the last few years, IT'S CHEAPER :D

Nubian, I'll get a Pic on here in the spring when I get it out, but that's all, just a pic. Sorry. Dave, Not positive on the year at the moment, I think it's a '60 gasser, with a front end loader, and now has a blown rear tire. IronPony, what makes you say that? LOL. Rob