Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
tanman722001

B12 seat

tanman722001
Those seat wont work on a B12.They are for the reg.seat brackets like the ones on the B1-B212 withe bracket.The B12 is like the only one that i can find that has this kind of seat on it.thanks Tony

PatRarick
Tony, the nearest I could tell on mine, is that the seat uses 1" thick, high density foam. It is cut to fit the seat pan, and is glued to the upholstery. I couldn't locate any 1" foam locally, so I used 2". I glued the foam for the backrest onto the seat pan and left the seat foam free. I made a cover, but need to do a little fine tuning to make it look right. Currently, I am not too concerned as long as it's covered. The local upholstery shop should get some of the correct foam in before the end of summer(it's not a very fast moving item, so they order that type only occasionally). Going to wait for that foam to come in before I go any farther. Pat

samson
Tony, I had a local upholsterer make one for me. I bought the material from him and then took the old torn up material apart and made patterns. He sewed it up for twenty dollars. I kept the old parts and an extra set of new patterns all cut out for just this occasion. they are yours if you come and get them, Im in asheboro NC so email me if you want them.

dhardin
I completly fabricated my seat for my Landlord. Its not even close the original but it sets good and just what i wanted, a back and arms that move up and away and it moves front and back to accommodate lager and smaller drivers. My cost $4 steel, $6 nogahide, $3 funiture bolts, ply-wood i had and some left over high density carpet padding. I love it $13 total. Actually i got enough materal to make another. Hope to weld it up and take to a show this summer to sell.