Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Am I close????? Fnt. Wt. Done Deal

MPH

After much searching and looking at any pics I could find, I found none with numbers on, so knowing the witdth of spread of the front lift, I surmized this is the shape of a front counter wt. Look close to anyone who owns one??

Got too dark to finish, but made some iron headway. Thanks for the measurment, Think I'm about 7in without going out to check. My new tool and material

First cut, decided to let the saw I bought it too work

couldn't find sheet steel in Tok 3/8's thick so I bought some 3/8x11/2 strap for the arms, here how I bend 'em.

far as I got

My wt is 43 lbs and is 3 3/4 in in dia, 13 inches long, no idea what piece of road equip. it is off of. Had to get this far to figure out the lift bar

done deal

just waitting for the rust kill to dry, shot of black paint, then next project

I would like to make one also, What is the dia. of the weight, lenght of weight, A side view of the connecting bar would be nice also Thanks

Theres one listed in the ebay forum. No dimesnsions but the pic might help. Maybe the seller would even get you guys some dimensions.

Thanks for the link Dan. Pictures at angles are hard to cop measurement off of but knowing it weighs 45 lbs was good info.

Marty, if shipping cost wasn't such an issue you could sell a bunch of them bad boys. (I want one) GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!! John

John, at a gross wt of 49.5 lbs you best bid on the one in Mich or make one. Thanks for the atta-boys.. Feel kinda stupid, was gonna take a pic with the framing sq set up for taking measurments and spaced it. Guess I'll try to wing it seeings how it mounted now. Painted pic added the way I had it sitting, with the arms level, from the center of wt. to the center of mounting hole sq'ed down I have 9 3/8's, this is one inch too much contributed to my one boob, when I took the circle off my cardboard template, I failed to subtact the length of arm that was stapped to the circle[:0]. From the center of mount holes to center of wt I have 6 1/4 inch, From center of lift hole to center of wt I have 8 3/4in vert. and one in. horiz.

Offset in my lift arm is 2 1/2 inches. Spread between arms is 10 1/16 inches.

Overall width of my wt is 13 inches, thats what the freebe was, dia is 3 3/4 inches. As requested, John, here's my paint specs. One coat NAPA rust treatment, one coat BBQ flat black, it was on the self.:D

Nice job! but does the lenght have to be 13"? (that could scare some people) was trying to find out the size bar to use for one. will the same size be the same for a stinger weight?

Marty, let us know how it works, and if the weight (you feel) is adequate. I will be making one also, and I am wondering how much it should weigh. Thanks John

Marty, Were you trying to make it look as original as possible with the round bars? I would have just made a square corner if I only wanted functionality. I was also wondering why you didn't leave a rod sticking out the side so that barbel weights could be added if needed. As I said, I guess you wanted it to look stock.

Rod, I was shooting for stock appearence. The rod that is my inner piece is 2 3/8 inch dia stock, some sort of roller I think off old road equipment, maybe cat tracks, I don't have a clue, except when I saw it headed to the salvage yard I knew a better use for them, so I talked my boss at the time outta 'as many as you want to put in your van, this junks gotta go'.