Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
fireballv8

front tire sizes

fireballv8
what is the largest front tire size anyone has put on a Big Ten? I am putting 25" tires on the rear. I think that is 2" larger (1" taller) than stock. The tractor has 4.00/4.80 x 8 tires now.

HubbardRA
I'm getting ready to mount a set of 18x9.50x8 tires to use on the front of the loader tractor that I am building. I will be using 26x12x12 tires on the rear. I may even go with duals.

Dutch
Here's my 7117 with 25x9.50x12 rear and 18x9.50x8 front. It sits level and the seat deck clears the tires with the OEM mounts/hinges. When I put 25" tires on my 712 I had to raise the seat deck. (???) If you put larger diameter tires on the front, you may have clearance problems with steering linkage and frame when turning. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/hi-lift-1.jpg[/img]

HubbardRA
Dutch, Did you put the 18x9.50x8 tires on the 6 inch rims that came with the 6.50 front tires? I was debating whether to use a set of those or to widen them a couple of inches.