Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Getting Ready for Spring

mongson

I just got off the phone with my local Simplicity dealer and have made arrangements to have my machine picked up and serviced. In addition to their $99.00 complete Spring maintenance package(oil, filter, plugs, blades,etc. I am going to have them fix the gearshift where I broke the indicator plate. Also they are going to fix the brakes and add wheel weights and also a mulch kit. Plus they are picking it up at our old house and delivering it to our new house. I can't wait. I am sooooooooooooo excited about having my four wheeled orange therapy device back in my garage. I am a strong believer in lawn therapy. Even sitting on it while it is not moving or on helps. Sure I am probably going to spend $300.00 to have everything done. I could probably do some/most of the work myself but I don't have the time. I guess that's what separates us from the box store tractor owners. We will do what it takes to keep our machines in good form on a regular basis.

Spring.....Boy does that sound good..:D Right now we're getting about an inch of snow an hour.:o) March in Michigan...ya just never know what it will bring..[:0] At least it's not the 18" you guys in the plains got.^

I can not wait for spring.;);) Right now there is over 4" of snow on the ground and still coming down. Karl

I cant wait either, Im making all adjustments myself, since im not shipping a 30yr. old tractor away. We probably have 6" of snow and its still coming.

We got 12"s last night here in central Iowa and it was the heavy stuff.I think I was pushing more than blowing at times.:D

Spring will get here sometime? Here in MN we got about 2" of fresh snow and very windy so it drifted on the roads and stuck so they are hard packed snow and full of ruts. +34 so the snow is wet and heavy. I did swat some Mosquitoes on the post some one posted the otherday:D Need the practice? The only thing the screen should have been just about solid with them to remind me of last summerB) +40 by the weekend^ When you get your tractor back it's ride & drive!

We got 6" of snow last night and this morning in east-central Indiana. I did nothing. It was melted down to about an inch or so by the time I got home from work. I've only plowed once this year.