Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dethatchers on Ebay!

slb04786

Did any one else see the 2 dethatchers on Ebay? I placed a bid on them yesterday. Came back this morning and there is no record of it on My Ebay account. Can't find the ad on Ebay or the link that was on the site here under Ebay listings. It's like it didn't exist. I assume that Ebay removed the sellor from their system and Maynard removed the link here. Usually I get a notification on this when I'm bidding. Oh well, I would rather find out now than after I had sent money to a crooked sellor. I know it wasn't all a dream because I had PM'd Toad270 about picking it up if I won and he PM'd me back.

thats interesting. I cant find them either. They were on my watch list and dissapeared from there too.

I had emailed the sellor yesterday with a question. I received an email just a few minutes ago. He said he had "technical" problems with Ebay and was going to relist the equipment shortly. He asked if I was interested in bying them before he relisted. I responded with what my max bid was. He responded right back and said he was going to take his chances with Ebay. Sounds like he wasn't happy with the bids he was seeing so hence the "technical" difficulties. I would guess when they are relisted there will either be a minimum starting bid or a reserve on them. We'll see but I am now rather leary of this sellor.

I was watching them as well. When they were pulled the message just said item no longer available. He will probably split them into seperate auctions this time.

Yes i was watching too. He must of decided to pull that auction to relist seperate or with min bid.

I say them monday night/tuesday morning but didn't put them on my watchlist. Then tuesday night I tried to find them and couldn't. I tried searching for completed items using every possible combination of search words and had no luck. Was starting to think I was imagining things. Now they are back and as I recall they are listed the same way. Now my question. I searched the SimpletrACtors site and found pictures of the revitalizer in action. It looked like it was totally destroying the lawn. Has anyone used these before and do they do any good or harm to the lawn? Opinions?

My "lawn" used be the livestock lots surrounding my old farmhouse. A couple of years ago I used my revitalizer on the lower 40 (the area down by my creek). Grass is ancient and matted with thatch and in poor shape. The revitalizer brought up a lot of dead grass and you need to pick it up somehow. I used my frame mount vacuum for that. The lawn has been noticably better since even without reseeding with a modern grass or fertilizing. One other thing, the revitalizer is a surprisingly heavy load. If I went too fast, it lugged down my 16 HP Briggs.

quote:
Originally posted by stevenj
Now my question. I searched the SimpletrACtors site and found pictures of the revitalizer in action. It looked like it was totally destroying the lawn. Has anyone used these before and do they do any good or harm to the lawn? Opinions?
The revitalizers have gauge wheels. Set them so the blades just scratch the soil and the thatch will be lifted without harming the turf. I use mine year round. Spring - dethatch, verticle cut and reseed. Summer - remove weeds from stone. Autumn - dethatch and overseed. Winter - cut ice. It's a great attachment. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/revit-weed3.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ice-seq.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/revit.jpg[/img]

If some here gets those at that price I'd sure be interested in the spare. For close to that money I could even afford to ship it up here and have a reasonablely priced unit.

Dutch, What an idea! If I might ask, how well does the Revitalizer work for removing weeds from the gravel drive? Do you have problems with throwing gravel into the lawn? I don't know about anyone else here, but grass and weeds growing into the gravel drive is by far my biggest battle every summer. I hate using chemicals as I have two small children and two dogs. Thanks in advance, Mike

Sometimes I think the grass grows better in the crushed limestone driveway than it does in the lawn. I'm hopeing the serrated grader blade will make a difference this year.

I dont want to bid against a club member...but if any one else wants one of these Ill gladly bid on the pair and even pick em up and deliver them back to IN, IL or WI...any takers?????

Jay, the army did build a road up back in '45. Once you get past Edmonton its really a rather senic drive:):). But like I stated above, for anything close to the price I saw on the e-bay listing I could afford shipping on one.

Hi guys, I have been in communications with a fellow member about picking them up for me if I bid. I had bid on them originally the first time before they dissappeared from Ebay. I received an email the next morning, from Ebay, saying the sellors account had been suspended. No explanation why. UCD and I had a IM conversation about this sellor. Something didn't seem right. UCD was emailing him and it was getting bounced back to him. Not sure what his problem was. If the fellow club member gets back to me about picking them up I will bid again but I want someone to go and pick them up and see them. Like I said UCD and I thought something was fishy here with this sellor. Any one else on here that is bidding on these. Let us know if you win the bid and are a club member.

I was just looking at the other items this guy has and noticed this:
quote:
My new Email address is:mwertheim@zoomtown.com
Then a quick search and I found this: Marc Wertheim 9240 Bluewing Ter Cincinnati, OH (513) 984-9844 Don't know if it is the right person, but in case you want to try and call him!