Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
nahrwoldt

Popular Mechanics Legacy XL

Allis_B12
Subcompact Garden Tractor Simplicity's hydrostatic-drive Legacy XL garden tractor gives you lots of options to choose from, including three 27-hp engines: an air-cooled V-twin, a liquid-cooled V-twin and a 3-cylinder diesel. Its three deck sizes are 48, 54 and 60 in. A 2-wheel-drive, gas-engine model costs $8750 and a 4-wheel-drive diesel is $11,295. They're sold at Simplicity dealers. Contact Simplicity Mfg., P.O. Box 997, Port Washington, WI 53074; www.simplicitymfg.com. from www.popularmechanics.com IMO, this tractor should have been named Sovereign.

Why not named PowerMax? My local simplicity dealer is getting one in and I'm going to stop by to see it one day soon. Unfortunately, I can't justify it right now nor afford it. He's getting it with a loader and has a potential buyer.

Leroy
quote:
Originally posted by michaelg221
Why not named PowerMax? My local simplicity dealer is getting one in and I'm going to stop by to see it one day soon. Unfortunately, I can't justify it right now nor afford it. He's getting it with a loader and has a potential buyer.
Prolly because the contour lines have changed and the Powermax may be cheapend by comparison over time. If the Powermax owners bought one and were expecting the same toughness they may be short changed. Seems like the Agco ST 25 is more like the Powermax tractor. My opinion on these, are only based upon pictures and comments read from users of the Powermax on this site.

Leroy->Sounds good. I wish I had the cash when I saw the 4040 Power Max go for $1300 with a bagger, lawn deck and other assessories...