Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

GREAT DAY IN LA.

sandyhillbill

WELL TODAY WAS A VERY REWARDING DAY FOR THIS OLD COUNTRY BOY FROM LOUISIANA. LAST FRIDAY I PULL AN OLD 728 8HP VERT. SHAFT GT WITH 36" MOWER OUT OF THE WEED PATCH AND TODAY I FINISHED PUTTING IT BACK TOGETHER AFTER A COMPLETE OFF FRAME TEAR DOWN. DID NOT HAVE TO DO ANY THING TO THE ENGINE ALTHOUGH IT DOES SMOKE A LITTLE WHEN YOU FIRST START IT. IN FACT IT STARTED SO QUICK IT SCARED ME.I DID REPLACE THE FRONT TIRES AND BOUGHT A HALF DOZEN CANS OF PRIMER.WILL ALSO HAVE TO BUY REPLACEMENT BELTS, EVEN THOUGH THE DRIVE BELT IS MAKING DO RIGHT NOW. HAVE NOT DONE ANY THING TO THE MOWER DECK AS YET. BUT THAT IS NOT THE HIGH LIGHT OF MY DAY.I RECENTLY RETIRED AND ONCE A MONTH I EAT LUNCH WITH ABOUT 25-30 FELLOW RETIREE FRIENDS. I HAD SOLD A 7116 TO ONE OF THEM PROBABLY 16-18 YRS. AGO AND HE TOLD ME TO COME GET IT IF I WANTED IT BACK AS HE NO LONGER NEEDED IT. IT TOO IS IN HIS WEED PATCH AND HAS BEEN FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS ALONG WITH THE 48" MOWER AND 36" TILLER. HOWS THAT FOR A GREAT DAY?

Sorry about the shouting. will try to do better. haven't quite the picture thing mastered yet. will try to work on that too when I have the time. thanks for the replies and comments

It is nice to have good friends. They are hard to come by. You must have treated him right when you sold the tracotr to him years ago or he would not still be a good friend. Have fun with your "new" toys. Dan P.S. When posting pictures, the one place I always cause myself problems is not remembering to "resize" them to a smaller resolution. With my dial up modem and the site's limited ability, it is best to use a very low resolution when posting pics. Dan