Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1961 725 Parts Help

Big-Game

Hello I am new to Simplicity tractors, I purchased a 1961 725 from an estate, all original but missing some detail parts. I am looking for the belt covers for a 42" deck, an original style muffler and does any one make the seat & backrest for the older tractors? Thanks for any help.

Congradulations on a fine score. The 725's are cool, hard working little machines. Welcome to the bunch, hope you join the club. Think guys been getting the coffee can mufflers from Jack engine, a site sponser. Pretty sure the 725's had a pan type seat.

Ron welcome to the club Watch the classfieds here and also the ebay forum. (you can view this and other forums if you pay dues it is well worth the $10.00) The first 725's came with a flat seat and back rest, the later ones had a pan seat. Once you pay your dues you can do a search of talking tractors someone has posted the info on the seat you have.

Welcome to the club Ron! I know you wont find any other site/club like ours. There is so much info in the fourms and more in the minds of the members. If you can we love to see pic's of any condition tractors. Welcome again Elon

Ron, My 61 Wards (Simplicity 725) had a flat seat with a back. Originally I made my own with a couple pieces of plywood, some foam, and got my wife to sew the vinyl cover. Later I installed a pan type seat. Had mine for nearly 20 years. It is now part of the family. My boys would never let me get rid of that one, even though I have two later models. Mine is not original. It has evolved. 14 Hp Kohler. 23x10.5x12 tires on 10.5 wide wheels. Three spoke automotive steering wheel. Wide rear fenders from a Dynamark. Stack motorcycle muffler. Late model rear axle and diff. Many more little changes. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have enjoyed ours.

From what I've found, the first two years(61/62) the 725 had the two piece seat and went to the pan seat in '63, along with the taller steering column.

Well this was good to learn, the two piece seat deal. Guess I've missed that point on here in the past. This means my boat seat that came on my 725 is not as far off as I thought.

Marty, the devil as they say is in the details.... I'm slowly but surely sorting out details like that for telling one from another and the "restorations" that are mix-and-match from the real McCoy. With the Wonder Boy 700 now here in my yard and having seen a few others in pics that were most likely in original condition, I can detail even more differences now that ever before.

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
Curious, Does it have the original bolt together deck or a one piece deck pan ?
It has the Original Bolt together one. Any idea where to find the belt guards???//

I have a set of deck covers, though they're for the newer decks with foot guards I think. PM me and I'll check them out tomorrow in the daylight.

All my wonderboy 700's have the 2 piece seats.The one that I have in the gallery is all orinigal including the seat.Only thing missing is the front headlight bracket they threw it out after it broke off.I did repaint it but after 40 years it needed it.Bob

My 725 from 1962 had a two piece plywood/foam/white vinyl seat/back combo on metal brackets. It was rough riding so I took it apart, made new plywood, got very think firm foam for the seat and medium firm not quite so thick for the back and had a shop cover with black vinyl. It's been riding and wearing quite well for about 10 years now. If you'd like a photo, let me know. Dick