Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
kdhehr

616 3 PT Modification

kdhehr
I bought this AC 616 last summer and it didn't have a 3 pt hitch. So I modified the regular deck lift hitch to a regular- true 3 pt hitch. I bought the arms from another club member. It is something I will probably not do again. 8 hours of work, cutting and welding burnt fingers and I caught my hat on fire in the process(long story). However the end result is I got what I wanted with the satisfaction. Since I am going to repaint the tractor in the spring I didn't bother painting the modification. :D

comet66
I've been wondering about doing the same thing for my sunstar since the 3-point set up was $500.00 new and now can't be found. Thanks for the pictures gives me something to think about for a winter project next year. Hope your head wasn't in that hat.