Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 410 ????

Kokomo

Is the Allis 410 a horizontal shaft engine? I have a 7117, a 918, and a 716. Are the attachments of these tractors able to be installed on a 410 Allis? If the 410 is a horizontal shafte engine, is it interchangable with the engine on the 916? Bob Kokomo, IN

The Allis Chalmers 410 has a horizontal shaft engine.[Kohler engine] The Allis Chalmers 410 horizontal shaft engine will fit in a 916,but there are several differences in these engines. 1flywheel 2 inside parts are not the same etc. The attachments from a 7117,918?,716,916 do not fit a Allis Chalmers 410 tractor. Example mower decks......410 is right hand discharge[right side of tractor when sitting on tractor] 7117,918?,716,916......is left hand discharge[left side of tractor when sitting on tractor] Karl

Karl, I assume you were talking about the 410 engine would fit in the Allis 16. Is this a direct boltin? Bob

Been done many times here. The engines are all the same except the horsepower and oil pans. With the corrent oil pan, it will go in anything.

Your tiller will fit the snow plow will fit and the snow blower will fit with a differant hitch so it will run off the front pto, mower deck will not, all the rear mount tools that run off the BGB will fit.

Thank guys for the info. I did not buy the 410. I have a twin 12hp vanguard B/S it is a vertical shaft. I thought at one time I read a post that someone converted a vertical vanguard. However, I cannot find any info on this in the old posts. Anyone have any info on this? I am looking for an engine for my 716 that I just got; it has no engine, however the rest of the tractor is all there.