Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A/C forklift

toad270

Does anyone have one or has anyone thought about building one? I have only seen two pictures of this and there both on this site.:(

these are the only two pictures I could find on the web!!! What about the post hole digger how rare is that?

hi - there is a danfoss - rear post hole digger on ebay right now - its atttached to a bolens tractor - but other than the mounting hardware its all the same unit - maybe someone will end up getting it - see ya

That looks just like the one for A/C. Who manufactured the froklift,trencher and other attachments for A/C Simplicity

I knew where two of those forklifts were sitting but they wouldn't sell them, now they're gone. I guess that was a once in a lifetime sighting.

I would go back and ask someone if they know where they went it might be worth a little bit of you'r time.

I'm a regular at the dealer where they used to sit, next time I'm in there I'll ask about them. Back when they still had them I didn't have anything bigger than a broadmoor so they were of no use to me. Does anyone know if these will work on RBT's too and have any idea of a forklifts value?

Like anything else, value depends on condition and demand. I would expect a fairly high demand with level of desire exceeding level of funding in many cases...... As to the fork lift attachment fitting a RBT, here's the link to the specs. http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/forklift_specs.htm The RBTs are too long, variables like the B-112 will not fit up either. I have details on how it attached to the tractors in form TM-337 Operators Manual for Model B-1 Frok Lift. The under frame is sized to fit a B-1 or equivalent size tractor, and attaches to the tranny where the rear hitch and drawbar would go and to the front pivot. "Install the under frame assembly on the tractor. The under frame will mount on the front tractor pivot pin, and the four capscrews to the transmission housing as shown. See Fig. 7" Unless there is another(longer) fork lift attachment or you want to cut the underframe and weld in a section to lengthen it, it will not fit a RBT. You would also have to figure out how to mount the pump by either cutting out the grill or routing power some other way. The OEM unit was directly coupled to the engine. Another thing about these units, once mounted the tractor was a dedicated fork lift. You no longer had a lift lever or shaft, and nowhere to mount any attachments. Still, I could see my way clear to giving up the Putt Putt for dedicated duty to this, were I ever to get one........

I have seen light weight lifts at places like Lowes hardware that are battery powered. With a little work, I'm sure someone could make the mounts and get one working.. But what I wonder about is this.. If I weigh 250+ and the lift its self weighs 3 or 400 lbs, How much weight will the poor tractor handle before it dis-com-bob-u-lates ? heheheh