Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Regent 14 hydro 38" deck lift

gretsch

Just picked up a 1998 Regent that needs some TLC. Either something is missing or my brain is shorted out. Is there a deck lift on these units or does the deck sit on the ground all the time. There is a height adjustment but I see no controls or mechanisms for lifting it off the ground. I've never seen a Simplicity that leaves the deck on the ground all the time but I may have now. I did download the manual (parts and operators) from the Simplicity website but that didn't answer my questions one way or another. All input appreciated.

I have a 97 regent. My deck has a lever on the right side down in front of the tire. I just click it into position. There are a few deck adjustments that could be done to prevent it from travelling the whole way up and down.

This one has that lever also for adjusting cutting height. All Simplicity's that I have seen have a deck height cutting adjustment. But the rest have a deck lift (either manual, electric, or hydraulic) for lifting the deck off the ground for use of the tractor when not mowing or for mowing over rocky ground.

The newer style 38" and 44" Regents do not have a seperate mower transport lever. The first ones lifted maybe 1/4" off the ground in the highest cut position. The new ones now lift about an inch.

ON mine ther is no separate deck lift. When I want to put the desk up, I move the cut height to the highest setting and I have plenty of ground clearance. No separate mechanism to raise the deck though. Did I get jipped?

Thanks for the pro input. Didn't think you were still visiting this site. Mongson, don't think you got jipped! Just another feature that Simplicity must have decided wasn't important enough to justify additional cost (couldn't have saved much though). The only drawback is that the rollers stay on the ground which can cause quick wear on pavement, concrete, or gravelly(?)/rocky areas.

"The only drawback is that the rollers stay on the ground which can cause quick wear on pavement, concrete, or gravelly(?)/rocky areas." That's the interesting thing about my deck. When I put the lever at the highest setting there is at least 2 inches clearance between my rollers and the ground. Right now my machine is in the shop getting ready for spring. Can't wait to get it back.