Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

What is it????

Recommended Posts

I believe that's what is known as a speed jack. It was used to power a hay bale elevator, grain auger and the like if I recall correctly..... It does not look like my 540 rpm PTO, I can tell you that...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
The thing in the post you linked is the 540 PTO, Joel. Note that it's clutched on the PTO unit itself and has an intermediate chain drive(like a tiller) inside the covers...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
OK, I see the difference now. That pulley on the speed jack looked a little big compared to the 540 pulley I linked. This looked like a stationary drive unit, I just thought most farm implements and equipment ran at 540. My mistake.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online (See full list)

    • maxwood
    • Brent_Baumer
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Mustangsvo
      (38 years old)
    2. RenegadeJ
      (83 years old)
    3. srwven
      (51 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

    • SonOfCreepfeed


      Thinkin' about this old girl.

      · 3 replies
    • Dean McFadden

      Dean McFadden

      Good morning peeps! I’m always searching for helpful information with my AC collection. Hope to find out new information and pass on my own experience in restoration. Here are some pics of my babies. I’m still looking for front rims for the 410 so yesterday I put the 310 wheels on took it for a drive. Working pretty good but still needs some carb work. Gotta get the 310 running next. Have a great day!😁

      · 1 reply
  • Adverts