Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
JimV

generator swap

JimV
Hi Guys, I'm not sure this is the best spot to put this but here it is. I am looking to swap my pto driven generator for a small used honda or yamaha generator. As alot of you know I also have a camper and want a small super quiet generator to use for that. I got to use Bills little honda generator at the fall show and was really impressed with how quiet it was. Anyone who wants to see pics of my generator can look in the pics of the fall Conn. show. I really like my pto 4000 watt generator but I can't take my tractor camping all the time. LOL

JimV
Hi Maynard, The way mine mounts is on 2 rails of angle iron that attach to the 2 lower pins on the hitch of your tractor. Then it is welded to 2 pieces of flat stock approx 3"wide by 12" long placed parralell to the 2 pieces of angle iron. This gives it cross bracing strength and serves as the framework for the generator platform. For the platform I used a 1/2 inch piece of aluminum plate for the base. once I bolted that in place I put the generator on it and alligned it to my pulley on my PTO and marked a spot for my 4 base holes.I used a standard mower belt for the generator. The wieght of the generator keeps the tension. If you look at the pics you also see a verticle piece of iron which can be used with the lift . Keep in mind I made mine out of a bracket that was for an early model lanlord originally, so I might have gone about it a little different. I can try and pen up a diagram for you with some hard #s when I pull the unit out of the shed. I hope this helps.

thedaddycat
Making a drawing is taking more than I thought it would. I have a hard enough time with paper and pencil, forget computerizing it... Here are some pics that should show most of what you need to see.... The base is 16" long.

The riser is made from 1 1/2" angle iron and comes up 13".

This is the bottom of the base. The mounts run the entire width and stick out by 4"

This is the mount that attaches to the tractor. It is 16 1/2" tall.

Mount back side, it's 9 1/2" wide.

These would go over the rear lift shaft. Note the small notch in the cross member. I believe that's for clearance for the rear lift but am not sure.

I think this is for attaching the belt guard.